PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

(MERGED) ID'd vs Un-ID - is it worth it?

Just curious as to what everyones views are on this.

ID'd items vs Un-ID'd items. Is the un-id'd items worth all that gold? For instance a gold max fellblade req8 would go for about 40k. Is it really worth 40k un-identified? Personally, I think not. I'd give 10k but thats just me. What about the Un-ID'd items that don't unlock skills such as gold shields?

What do you think?

Unid'd weapons are generally a rip-off. The Nameless Isle makes it way too easy to "test" items before they are identified.

I did not know you could "test" unidentified items before you did ID them.
    But personally, i would never buy one, nor sell one without ID'ing it.

10K for an un-id weapon? See, that's where I think we can nip ridiculous prices in the butt. It's the buyers that create the problem, not the sellers.

Only buy for it's in-game offer price ... say x2 max.

Then 40K or 10K or 1000,0000,000K for an item that has no discernible effect will soon drop out of the system.

Course, that's just fantasy. You'd never convince the buyers out there to pay what something's worth for it. No sirree. I've got a gold fellblade. Oooooooo. My life is complete. <sighs>

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowed Sun
    I did not know you could "test" unidentified items before you did ID them.
    If you want some info about how to do that:
    http://forums.gwonline.net/showthread.php?t=392311

GWOnline.Net Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ArichValtrahn
    The Nameless Isle makes it way too easy to "test" items before they are identified.
    Could you possibly elaborate on what you mean by that?

Edit: Simultaneous post - thanks Cerilia.
    Last edited by Tyrole; 04-04-2006 at 23:12. Reason: Please delete - simultaneous post

Quote Originally Posted by plagatus
    Just curious as to what everyones views are on this.

ID'd items vs Un-ID'd items. Is the un-id'd items worth all that gold? For instance a gold max fellblade req8 would go for about 40k. Is it really worth 40k un-identified? Personally, I think not. I'd give 10k but thats just me. What about the Un-ID'd items that don't unlock skills such as gold shields?

What do you think?
    that max fellblade req8 could be have any crap modifier. How many of those Unid fellblades are you willing to buy at 40K each until you get a nice one? ...

Quote Originally Posted by dopple
    that max fellblade req8 could be have any crap modifier. How many of those Unid fellblades are you willing to buy at 40K each until you get a nice one? ...
    I wouldn't buy one for 40k. But that's how much you see them going for which is why I used it as an example.

As has already been said, it's far to easy to determine that a gold item has crap stats and sell it for 40k. Even if this was impossible, though, I still wouldn't buy them- my luck with gold items is bad enough that I wouldn't want to risk it (it's basically buying a high-level key, except that the color, skin, and req of your drop are pre-determined).

i got a 15^50 spatha, flamberge and a wimpy sword with a +30health pommel (that i didnt get) from buying unid weapons. but i never pay more than 1 or 2k for them.
    so no, its not really worth it, especially if you dont know if the person tested it beforehand.