PC Gaming News
    Nata

Exclamation Video Brightness/color bug

Hi all. I posted this message originally in the "bugs" section, but it was suggested that I post it here as well.

I am making this bug report on behalf of my brother & sister who are both having the same glitch with the game.

For about the last month, whenever they enter certain regions of the game, the colors become horribly washed out, or everything on the screen becomes so bright they quite litterally cannot see anything around them.

Places where this bug occurs include: Perdition Rock, Aurora Glade, Thunderhead Keep, "Riverside Province" mission, and more...

It's a horrible glitch, most of the time the scene is so messed up that the game is litterally un-playable.

They are both playing on similar systems:

WinXP SP2
    P4 2.0GHz
    1GB RAM (or more)
    ATI Radeon 8500 128MB AGP 4x
    SoundBlaster sound

All drivers, etc have been updated with no effect.

They have both been playing the game since it was first released without any problems, it's only the past month or so that this started happening...it started at the same time for both of them, so it has to be something in the game itself that has changed.

Please see my original post for some screenshots showing what I mean:

http://forums.gwonline.net/showthread.php?t=393148
    Last edited by Nata; 11-04-2006 at 21:15.

Had some similar effect on a different computer with some older game, but not quite exactly how I fixed it anymore.

Try this:
    right click desktop-> screen properties->settings->advanced->solve problems->and turn the hardware acceleration all the way down.

reboot
    test guild wars. should work, but slow performance.
    shut down guild wars.

right click desktop-> screen properties->settings->advanced->solve problems->and turn the hardware acceleration all the way up.

reboot
    test guild wars.

roll back your ATI drivers to catalyst 6.1, there is a bug in the drivers in 6.2 and 6.3 that causes wierd graphics issues.

I have a similar problem. I tried rolling back my drivers, but it didn't correct the problem.

I was able to correct the probelm by disabling the post-process effects in the game.

your video card is old and does not support Direct X 9.......