PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Air Warlock Build (Vol 2)

Reading Phoenix Locklear's build gave me the idea of this similar, but different spec.

El/Me

Air: 16
    Energy: 11
    Dom: 6
    Illusion: 6

Skills
    Phantom Pain
    Lightning Surge
    Lightning Orb
    Shatter Delusions
    Lightning Strike
    Blind
    Air Attunement
    Rez

I used to +1 Air offhand giving me +1 Air on 1/5 spells.

To play:
    Cast blind first on warriors and rangers.
    Then once the action starts, begin the combo.
    Its dead simple and you cannot get the timing wrong.

Cast the spells in order. Lightning Surge takes 3 seconds to activate once cast and knocks the person down, allowing Orb to hit. Orb takes 2 seconds to cast and about half a second to fly to target. Shatter takes about 1/4 second to cast.
    If you time it right (which isn't hard), you should get 106(surge)+106(orb)+40(shatter) +100 (deep wound) + 60(lightning strike) = 410 damage all in one second with the target knocked down.
    You _dont_ have to wait 10 seconds for phantom to end. You can also almost _immediately_ start the chain again (without waiting for mind burn recharge)

Playing, I've seen hits from my orb of over 140. From what I've seen if _anyone_ assists you or if the target is damaged, he is insta dead.

Of course, this stuff probably isn't good in gvg since the surge gives too much warning. I suppose you could mix in with an otherwise hex heavy group build to mask it.

Its also better to use it on nonmonks since good monks will likely cop this stuff asap once they see it. If the monk only sees a pink triangle without health moving, he may not be worried that much to remove it from a friend.

If he doesn't remove it, he will usually not have the reaction time to heal once the combo is on (I was able to insta kill quite a few times with this build with the opposing monk still standing).

This build has the (dubious) honour of being one of few I have seen on this forum to make me open Guild Wars immediately to try it out. The spike is fantastic! Although it can't kill a warrior or ranger immediately, soft targets go down so fast with minimal softening up beforehand. This has officially become my favourite air ele build for RA, the only change I made was taking out Blinding Flash for Aura of Restoration.

thats are really goob build and ill have to try it tonight. And it may not bring down wammos and rangers right away but it ill sure drain the monk trying to get that guy back to full health

Quote Originally Posted by shamed
    This build has the (dubious) honour of being one of few I have seen on this forum to make me open Guild Wars immediately to try it out. The spike is fantastic! Although it can't kill a warrior or ranger immediately, soft targets go down so fast with minimal softening up beforehand. This has officially become my favourite air ele build for RA, the only change I made was taking out Blinding Flash for Aura of Restoration.
    Do not underestimate BlindingFlash. Against a group of all wa and rangers, you are probably better off spamming blind on 2-3 opponents than spiking -- especially if they cannot mend it.

In TA, I would take out blind and put in something like powerspike -- since most good premade teams will have condition removal. powerspike any hex removal after the surge. The only counter then is holy veil.

Quote Originally Posted by NocturnalSun
    Do not underestimate BlindingFlash.
    I hardly do that; sometimes I think I over-estimate its potency. I'll cast it on someone, totally forget about him and be killed soon after due to relatively easy condition removal.

I have two reasons for swapping it out: 1) Aura of Restoration helps keep me alive regardless of what enemies I face and 2) I cannot sustain the energy cost of Blinding Flash due to insufficient energy management skills.

I also tried Shatter Enchantment in place of PP/Shatter Delusions to remove the Holy Veil as I hit with the combo, but the damage from PP/Shatter Delusions is simply so much better.

lol im not a fan of air so i dont plan on using it since i use the fire one anyways but oh crap. People are going to start using PP in their spikes alot now. /pleasedontnerf

Quote Originally Posted by fang
    lol im not a fan of air so i dont plan on using it since i use the fire one anyways but oh crap. People are going to start using PP in their spikes alot now. /pleasedontnerf
    PP is really good. I remember first using it in a virulence fragility build before it got nerfed. In that build, you could kill someone solo (even warriors) with a single combo (IIRC, it was Fragility, PP, ShatterD, Virulence, EnergyBurn).

Air is good, but doesn't have a lot of utility. For spiking, I don't really like degen. I see degen useful in more of a pressure build where you'd add more defense.

good stuff

Good stuff NocturnalSun.

I knew someone would come up with a good air build. Air is popular in pvp so it wouldnt take long for a post. I like the hard direct damage.

I put degen in mine to help damage bonded targets. Fire doesnt get much love in pvp so i was motivated to make a build.

Now let's see who can give us an Earth and Water build.

Talking

Reading Phoenix Locklear's build gave me the idea of this similar, but different spec.

El/Me

Air: 16
    Energy: 11
    Dom: 6
    Illusion: 6

Skills
    Phantom Pain
    Lightning Surge
    Lightning Orb
    Shatter Delusions
    Lightning Strike
    Blind
    Air Attunement
    Rez

I used to +1 Air offhand giving me +1 Air on 1/5 spells.

To play:
    Cast blind first on warriors and rangers.
    Then once the action starts, begin the combo.
    Its dead simple and you cannot get the timing wrong.

Cast the spells in order. Lightning Surge takes 3 seconds to activate once cast and knocks the person down, allowing Orb to hit. Orb takes 2 seconds to cast and about half a second to fly to target. Shatter takes about 1/4 second to cast.
    If you time it right (which isn't hard), you should get 106(surge)+106(orb)+40(shatter) +100 (deep wound) + 60(lightning strike) = 410 damage all in one second with the target knocked down.
    You _dont_ have to wait 10 seconds for phantom to end. You can also almost _immediately_ start the chain again (without waiting for mind burn recharge)

Playing, I've seen hits from my orb of over 140. From what I've seen if _anyone_ assists you or if the target is damaged, he is insta dead.

Of course, this stuff probably isn't good in gvg since the surge gives too much warning. I suppose you could mix in with an otherwise hex heavy group build to mask it.

Its also better to use it on nonmonks since good monks will likely cop this stuff asap once they see it. If the monk only sees a pink triangle without health moving, he may not be worried that much to remove it from a friend.

If he doesn't remove it, he will usually not have the reaction time to heal once the combo is on (I was able to insta kill quite a few times with this build with the opposing monk still standing).

Good build one of my favorite elements and this is good.

Air is good, but doesn't have a lot of utility. For spiking, I don't really like degen. I see degen useful in more of a pressure build where you'd add more defense.
    Air may be the BEST utility line for an ele. Great spike damage, speed buffs, blind, weakness.

And the PP isn't there for degen...it's there for the deep wound he'll trigger with shatter delusions. This is a pure spike build.

Very nice build...we've been doing this spike as a 2-man spike (air ele doing surge - orb and mesmer doing PP - SD) in a hex-heavy build. The spike is amazing, and being in a hex-heavy build means surge is less likely to be removed. I never thought of combining the 2 parts of the spike to one character. Good idea for RA especially!