PC Gaming News

Poll: How do you think about the term "Sin" ?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    GWOnline.Net Member Icarus Tyler's Avatar

The Assassins official Nickname - Round #1 - Submit your own

Hey there, fellow Assassins

As many of you have noticed, the term "Sin" or " 'Sin " is becoming an often used expressions for the profession of Assassins.

I actually like it, It's short, cool, and sounds kinda evil. The word itsself even is "evil". Though I think something beginning with an "A" could also do a great job. So I created this thread to see your ideas and thoughts about this issue.

If there will be enough other nominations there will be a round #2 featuring all of them.

And if that for some reason won't work I've attached a vote to see what your opinion of the "Sin" is.

Icarus Tyler

i like sin but to use the first half of assasin would be funnier. Especially with new build names that could come around. Imagine " Elite *** lfg.....invinci ***....or dark *** lfg" I think it would be humourous

Sin is definitely a good nickname, But i agree with Azure on the fact that using the first three letters instead of the last would be extremely funny.

Be honest with yourselves, sin is the only sensible option. Think about it Warriors-> War, Mesmer->mes, Assassin->.... lets just not go there okay ?

Admittedly, there is some comedy value, and no doubt the average RA inhabitant will not use sin as their label of choice, but I'm totally against the first 3 letters for one reason:

It will take about a week before somebody sucesfully uses an Assassin Iway equivalent in HA, and there's no way I'm having it referred to as A**way - that's just ain't happening. :p

The "---" jokes would be worse, though

How about just A? Or As? Sin sounds better, but the many incoming jokes about the "sinful Assassin" are going to get old.

Erasculio

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    I like calling them...

Assassins.

Call me old fashioned, but I don't need to abbreviate, I have a fully functioning keyboard. (Pet peeve, in response to the proliferation of "u" and "ur" as full words in posts. Bah.)

And yes, I generally call the Elementalists Elementalists, and Necromancers Necromancers. With varying capitalization.

Well, "As" could give something like "a s s " so yes, i'll give my preference to "Sin"

I think they should be nicknamed Calista Flockhart.

GWOnline.Net Member
    I'm with nkuvu on this one. Stop being so lazy and type out the whole name.

I don't mind 'sin. It's short, simple and not a mouth(or hand)-ful.

Besides, we're not really saints, are we? Even those of us with a more noble bent.