PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    GWOnline.Net Member

The skill "Riposte"

Hey.

I have a problem. I have a new warrior and I need this skill, but I can't get it. Watching the warrior skill locations it says that I can buy it at Copperhammer Mines, but people have told me they have this skill even though they haven't been there. Is there some quest that gives this skill, or can you buy it somewhere else? I've been trying all day to get a run to Copperhammer, but noone can do it it seems like, so if there's a way to get it without going to Copperhammer, I'd like to know.

Thx,

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    There was an update to the way the skill trainers work. The update was on March 9th, so it wasn't too long ago.

Now, any skill trainer can sell you a skill that you've unlocked on your account. So you have a few choices.

One, you can get someone to run you to Copperhammer Mines. The skill is offered there whether you have it unlocked or not (as far as I understand, anyway). But you've already mentioned having problems with this.

Another is if you have faction for Balthazar. If you do, you can go to the Temple of Balthazar and talk to a Priest of Balthazar. You can spend faction to unlock the skill. Note that you won't learn the skill -- but since it is unlocked on your account, you can go to any skill trainer in any city and buy the skill from a trainer (for the normal skill point and gold).

I don't know if there are quests that give this skill, but I seem to recall that there aren't.

You can also get this skill at Ember Light Camp.

Or unlock it per faction and then buy it at a skill trainer of your choice anywhere.

GWOnline.Net Member
    Okay, thx, but where can I find the Temple of Balthazar?

Quote Originally Posted by biko
    Okay, thx, but where can I find the Temple of Balthazar?
    You can find a priest of Balthazar at any of the random arenas (Yak's Bend, Ascalon, Battle Isles...)

GWOnline.Net Member
    Okay, so I went to some random arenas, but did it help? No. No priest had riposte! This is starting to seriously annoy me. I want that skill.

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    To get to the Temple of Balthazar, look at the world map. Near Lion's Arch is a ship. Click on that, you'll go to the temple. Walk towards the stairs, there will be the priests.

GWOnline.Net Member
    Ok, I got the freaking skill at last. Thx nkuvu and everyone else.

Or, if you're inpatient, you can cap it off of a Warrior-Tengu boss around Lion's Arch. I know for certain he "can" spawn in the last Krytan mission before Maguuma Jungle. He probably spawns in other locations, too.

-- Edit: eww, I'm blind or something. Nevermind. --
    Last edited by Metanoia; 14-04-2006 at 00:11.

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    I was going to suggest the capping as well. The tengu warrior boss near Fishermans has it, so does the Losaru warrior boss in the desert.