PC Gaming News
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Derrick the Nomad
    In factions elite areas will be held by alliances -meaning groups of ten guilds (that gain pvp achievement). How will other pve players gain access to these elite pve areas of the game.
    They won't.

According to some earlier source, only the members of the allied guilds can access these contents. From what I understand, either you join some elite alliance comprising of at least one uber PVP guild, you can kiss these areas goodbye. Or, you can pray your alliance, comprising of friends and people you had fun with, can somehow move the gods of MMORPGs to grant you access.

BTW, don't bother asking me where I saw these information, I simply do not remember the link to that article. If you intend to prove me wrong, go find them yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterNightfall
    Question: Why does Arena.net feel that reducing the variety of the skills available to players will result in more diverse and fun PvP experience? (That was the reasoning given for reducing the number of skill quests available in Factions.)
    Gold sink I believe. Can't quest for them free-of-charge so I guess only way is to buy them off skill trainers.

Actually, PvP players will earn faction through alliance and faction battles. PvE players earn faction through missions and quests. Now both of the alliances can spend theese faction points to make their alliance standing higher.
    Thats what my guild did in the FPE. IF you earn 5K faction points with any of the guild, you can then go to the reward guy (Ithink) and make him alter your alliance standing.

- my question -
    How is the grouping in european servers going to be done?
    In the FPE I experienced how hard it is to communicate when the group is splite between an english talking, french talking and german talking part. It is very hard to communicate lowering the game experiance... somewhat like when the game was released and the european servers didnt have any language districts.

GWOnline.Net Member
    Do Anet ever intend to decouple the game so that pve and pvp players can choose to ignore a segment of the game they do not enjoy, or will they continue to tightly couple both segments together i.e. require pvp to gain access to missions or to advance the storyline, and require pvp players to pve in order to unlocks skills quicker.

Question: Why does Arena.net feel that reducing the variety of the skills available to players will result in more diverse and fun PvP experience? (That was the reasoning given for reducing the number of skill quests available in Factions.)
    This is quite a loaded question. Their response was that reducing quests giving skills would allow a broader range of PvE builds, due to the fact, that the players were deciding which skills to buy. So, instead of forcing you to receive a certain skill through a quest, you will hopefully, receive enough XP and gold to choose your own from the skill trainer. In other words, they are not reducing the variety of the skills available to the players.

Any tidbits of information you can throw our way about chp 3 would be great! (Unicorns is not an acceptable answer )

Quote Originally Posted by Ravious Pretagata
    This is quite a loaded question. Their response was that reducing quests giving skills would allow a broader range of PvE builds, due to the fact, that the players were deciding which skills to buy. So, instead of forcing you to receive a certain skill through a quest, you will hopefully, receive enough XP and gold to choose your own from the skill trainer. In other words, they are not reducing the variety of the skills available to the players.
    I doubt that any of those quests will be providing me with 30,000 exp points and 2 plat, instead of the 2 skills. And if they won't do that, instead of 'Lack of variety, but at least you'll have these 2 skills', it'll be 'Lack of variety, AND you won't be able to afford those 2 skills.' "Variety" by restricting your choices is a stupid idea, because it either means that A) The game isn't balanced (Which its not, in terms of PvE) or B) A.N somehow thinks that reducing flexibility = fun.

It also happens to result in slower skill unlock rates, which is what this question might as well be getting at, if you remove the part in paranthesis.
    Last edited by MasterNightfall; 17-04-2006 at 13:47.

GWOnline.Net Member
    Reducing quests don't do that. You can just award skill points instead of specific skills for that. Reducing quests and requiring levels of xp grind is just a way of artificlaly lengthening "content" usually....

Perhaps instead they should let you pick from a handful of skills - like great you did the quest - here is a list of 5 skills - pick one.

I think Nightfall is right here - they want to slow people up and or suck gold out of the community

It also happens to result in slower skill unlock rates, which is what this question might as well be getting at, if you remove the part in paranthesis.
    Then ask the question you want answered. I simply answered your question as written. The interviewer, in this case, probably does not understand the depth of your question, as in variety means this which is caused by this and that, etc. Also, to improve your writing skills, don't put meaningful thoughts in parantheticals which edit or transform your open thoughts.

Will guilds/alliances be able to change the faction they're aligned to in Guild wars Factions?