PC Gaming News

Problem with new skills

I was looking over the new skills today and I have to say some seem pretty pathetic.

Conflagration comes to mind all it does is turn arrows to fire I assume there is some trick im not seeing but at first glance it seems pathetic.

Also I was wondering if anyone was planning on ever using focused shot since it is just powershot that disables your skills.

Finally, I do not see the point of giving us a second tiger fury. It lasts long enough that you can keep it up constantly without a 2nd one. If its because they made tigers fury a prophesies (spelling?) only skill it seems like a massive cop out on ANETs part. However, I heard that these duplicate skills were spot fillers and were gonna be changed before release. Anyone know?

Each current class gets 5 duplicate skills, but these are not counted among the 30 new factions skills they are getting.

So basically it's:
    5 duplicated skills + 30 new skills per class

Quote Originally Posted by dantheman5415
    Each current class gets 5 duplicate skills, but these are not counted among the 30 new factions skills they are getting.

So basically it's:
    5 duplicated skills + 30 new skills per class
    ya I heard Gaile say that, but I seem to remember her also saying they were spot fillers, which may be totally wrong, can't remeber. But why did they copy a skill that has no use in being copied since you can not use 2 of it. I would have loved to have 2 distracting shots or some other skill that is useful but has a long recharge.

Quote Originally Posted by Azure Eyes
    ya I heard Gaile say that, but I seem to remember her also saying they were spot fillers, which may be totally wrong, can't remeber. But why did they copy a skill that has no use in being copied since you can not use 2 of it. I would have loved to have 2 distracting shots or some other skill that is useful but has a long recharge.

Wouldn't we all..
    Well if we get 2 Distracting Shots, or whatsoever it'll be pretty imbalanced (altough the Touch ranger can do like mad now with its 2 Touches..) But than you can interupt 2 skills that will have a 20 sec recharge.. thats a bit imbalanced in my guess..

Yes... there are a couple pretty useless skills for sure.
    Way too many spirits and we definitely did not need so many elite spirits. That really disappoints me that ANet couldn't be more creative especially in the wilderness survival category.

GWOnline.Net Member
    The problem with new elites is that THEY ARE TOO NEW. Give it time and if they are underpowered (like how Escape was), A.net will improve them.

Tigers Fury x 2 = no attributes needed in Beastmastery

Only problem with that is the need for energy to keep it up and it keeps non-attacks blacked out. Meh...