PC Gaming News

Question Character spell animations

Has anyone drawn the different spell animations or have seen screen shots of them? I just can't seem to find any. Like, if your ranger casts troll unguent, the character does their animation and the ground below them sprouts flowers and leaves and a symbol appears above them...
    lol, if not i know of a project that I can work on! :D gonna go halfway across the nation to take care of my little brothers for 4 months till their grandma gets back. lol, something to keep me sane. ;)

Someone did a necro casting animation awhile back. Arched back, hovering midair with arms out.

Very nice.
    A proud member of: Crusaders of Valhalla [Odin]
    Bauer Grann - W/Mo20 | Rysta Katt - R/Mo20 | Der Dokter - Mo/E20 | Apo Naprona - Me/R20
    Ardent Tempest - E/Mo20 | Bella Dwan - N/Me20 | Ivo Gossner A/Me20 | Ardent Spirit Rt/Mo20
    Ardent Cry - P/R20 | Ardent Mystic - D/R20

I actually have a bunch of screenshots sitting in my shots folder (Which broke 1 gig already >_<)

My ele, Menina Kavkhan -
    http://members.dslextreme.com/users/...ushi/gw041.jpg
    http://members.dslextreme.com/users/...ushi/gw170.jpg

And the Mesmer, Ernst Harrowden -
    http://members.dslextreme.com/users/...ushi/gw050.jpg

That's just a sample of what I've got, it's mostly repeat shots of nearly every frame in the casting animation. My personal favorite is number 41.

Quote Originally Posted by Melajo
    I actually have a bunch of screenshots sitting in my shots folder (Which broke 1 gig already >_<)
    Do you have some necromancer screen shots? :D lol, i like the mesmer. ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Der Dokter
    Someone did a necro casting animation awhile back. Arched back, hovering midair with arms out.

Very nice.
    That was me
    Here's a link to the thread.
    http://forums.gwonline.net/showthread.php?t=387208
    I used a standard screenshot as a reference. I'm not good at drawing, but I thought I'll give it a shot. I'm more of a photography person.
    If you want good screenshots, now that I can provide

If you want to look at some really good pieces of artwork here. Check out the artwork of Fugu Republic and Ashberry. You can find all of them in the first 5 pages of the Far Art forums.

Have fun

P.S. IMO, one of the best spell casting animations is that of a female ele casting spells while carrying a flag.
    Last edited by mumerikram; 19-04-2006 at 02:50.

Do you have screen shots for all spells? O_o
    or little videos? Cause it's not just the symbols that I want to see it's also the flowers and spell circles below their feet and such. I'd try to get some myself, but i don't have my own comp. using bf's and he's using both for his school work. >.<

There aren't many spell casting animations really. Which spell classes are you interested in? IMO Monk, Ranger, and Necro spells have the best effects. A few ele spells also look pretty. Let me know what spells you're interested in and I'll provide you some good screenshots :)
    Last edited by mumerikram; 20-04-2006 at 17:54.

the best way to do it imo:

record (with fraps)several spells with the char you want (from 1-5 sec cast time), then load the video file a video edit program (windows movie maker or jasc software)

Quote Originally Posted by mumerikram
    There aren't many spell casting animations really. Which spell classes are you interested in? IMO Monk, Ranger, and Necro spells have the best effects. A few ele spells also look pretty. Let me know what spells you're interested in and I'll provide you some good screenshots :)
    I'm mainly looking for the necro cause i'm usually set up for curses and they have the coolest imo.. :) Gah! I'm trying to get my art finished except i have finals coming up reeeeall soon and i haven't been able to get at it! Thanks for the offer!:D Usually you think that an artist is supposed to imagine their own spell animation doodle mobobber but for some reason i have to see what they have....*sigh* lol, maybe i have to try to draw when I'm not sleep deprived... ;)
    Last edited by Moirica K; 25-04-2006 at 12:08. Reason: i did this way too early in the morning and it didn't make sense...

Quote Originally Posted by richo
    the best way to do it imo:

record (with fraps)several spells with the char you want (from 1-5 sec cast time), then load the video file a video edit program (windows movie maker or jasc software)
    Oks :D Thanks for your help...hopefully I'll be posting several of my drawings soon...