PC Gaming News
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Hi, I'm Troal, and I'm a GW addict.

I've decided to register here because I love the GW lore, and I've found many of the theories in this forum to be amazing. Sometimes, though, I wonder if even ANet has thought through their story as much as the posters here

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Blade and Rose [BaR]
    Welcome.

We let them think they write the stories, and they let us think we write the stories. It's symbiotic.
    |||Quintus Antonius Adepphius Philologus Tyrianicus Canthacus Elonacus Durheimus|||

Hey everyone. Been here on GWO for a while, posted a few things here in the lore forum (nothing huge, just my $.02 every now and again). Figured i should introduce myself cause well after having an exhauting 9 hour discussion on possible contradictions in Lore and possible conflictions in the sources with an alliance buddy, I kinda wanted to bounce the things off everyone and see what everyone else things.

My name is Ferdoc Monzini IGN, if you need help gathering lore or getting help to a place to see if something exists, i'll probably be up for it.

Peace all.

Been lurking for a bit here- only posting a few times. The ever evolving GW lore has really impressed me. I keep gravitating to this section because it seems to draw others that appreciate the game for what it is and want to talk about the story. It seems like we are in for an interesting experience with the expansion coming out later this year that, hopefully, tie up some loose ends and give us a hint at GW2.

Hi im Eternal Dragonx (IGN), just recently ran into the mursaat an i remember the lore forum had stuff about mursaat going on.....there some crazy beasts im scared if them but laugh in there face since i infused my armor.

Hello everyone, long time lurker (about a year) recent poster. This would be my first introduction into these fora. A friend introduced me to Guild Wars about a year and a half ago. Bought the game a year ago. Main character (Arianne Ailwyn) received her bday present this month, didn't finish Prophecies until a few months ago, and currently working on Factions with my first Canthan character, 4th overall (Yuki Akaikyoujin). I have all 3 campaigns, but all I've done in Nightfall is to get the heroes (very helpful when doing missions/quests).

I also am very interested in the Lore and backstories of the various elements of the game. I also like the details that Guild Wars' Art Department puts into the game. I think it really adds another layer of realism to the game.

I have deep appreciation for the efforts that the lore masters here have put into this particular section. I've often found myself spend hours reading over discussions about the world of Tyria. From who built The Catacombs to whether the Mursaat were actually working for the good of the humans.

I'm not sure whether I'll be able to contribute anything, but if I can, I'll definitely be posting, but for the moment, I shall be lurking the dark corners of the library.

Not exactly new here, but I'm looking to reactivate my membership in the TAOS. Was very much busy, but it's summer now, and I've some time to go spelunkin', mountaineerin' and adventurin' with you guys again.
    So tell me, what are the recently debated subjects that need expeditions/evidence? Tried browsing through the threads, but I can't seem to figure out where I could help, which ones need some research and expeditions done.

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Blade and Rose [BaR]
    Eratimus pretty much dissolved TAOS when he came back and attempted to wrest control back of the Lore Forum. The admin didn't like him threatening us, so he left and took TAOS with him. It was his creation so there isn't much we can do about that, but I encourage you to post as much as you like even if there is no lore research body anymore.
    |||Quintus Antonius Adepphius Philologus Tyrianicus Canthacus Elonacus Durheimus|||

Whoa, a lot has happened in my absence :p
    So basically, the Lore community is more often freelancing, rather than organising? Well, schucks!
    I'll go and read a few more threads, see if I can organise some expeditions soon, to get the brainstorming think tanks going again.

Hi, just made my first couple of posts in the lore forums, been lurking around these threads for a while and just getting more and more hooked now GW:en is finally here!