PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Smile Extended Head Start & More!

News on Collector's Edition Ships 26 April 2006

We have great news about availability of the Guild Wars Factions Collector's Edition! As you may know, some stores are reporting a shortage of the Collector's Edition. In truth, it appears that we underestimated the demand and manufactured too few copies. In order to correct this shortage, we are currently producing additional copies of the CE. These copies have an anticipated ship date of June 30th. We sincerely thank the Guild Wars community for its incredible support of Factions, and look forward to seeing you in the game soon!

Factions to Offer Special Extended Head Start Event 26 April 2006

As a special surprise "thank you" gift to Guild Wars fans for their support of the Guild Wars Factions Pre-order, we offer an opportunity to play Factions during a new Extended Head Start Event! This event will be open to those who already have enabled a Factions Pre-order access key, and those who do so before the planned end of the Head Start Event (11:59 p.m. PDT on April 28th or 6:59 GMT on April 29th). The Extended Head Start Event will pick up where the initial event ends, and will run for an additional three days. The Extended Head Start Event will end at 11:59 p.m. PDT on May 1 (6:59 GMT May 2).

Quoted from: www.guildwars.com

Nice

Quote Originally Posted by Xitoahc
    Factions to Offer Special Extended Head Start Event 26 April 2006

As a special surprise "thank you" gift to Guild Wars fans for their support of the Guild Wars Factions Pre-order, we offer an opportunity to play Factions during a new Extended Head Start Event! This event will be open to those who already have enabled a Factions Pre-order access key, and those who do so before the planned end of the Head Start Event (11:59 p.m. PDT on April 28th or 6:59 GMT on April 29th). The Extended Head Start Event will pick up where the initial event ends, and will run for an additional three days. The Extended Head Start Event will end at 11:59 p.m. PDT on May 1 (6:59 GMT May 2).

Quoted from: www.guildwars.com
    Very good news.

Ten bucks we'll see people complaining because of this (since "OMG IT'S TOO LATE I HAVE CANCELLED MY CE ORDER!!!!111! Damn you Arena Net for doing something people have asked for!!!!"), again.

Erasculio

These copies have an anticipated ship date of June 30th.

Ok...After reading it a second time, that sounds...really really bad. I hope they won't hold back all sales of the collectors edition.
    Last edited by Xitoahc; 27-04-2006 at 03:42.

GWOnline.Net Member
    Great news, at least we wont be missing out on as much days of the game as before for us who were going to purchase the CE.

A bit confused though- it says that the extra CE's wont ship until the end of June, so does that still mean that lots of the people who wanted the CE (and aren't lucky enough to get the limited ones that are going to be shipped within the next week) will still be basically screwed?

i dont think this means you get to play later than the 27th but anyone who hasnt baught the game gets to play for 5 days before they actully buy it

so now what? does this mean that I now have to wait an additional month before I recieve my CE when I placed a pre-order for it way back in feburary when the CE became available for pre-order? I don't know about the rest of the world, but I'm kinda feeling like i have been slapped in the face again for wanting the premium product. if I have to wait until june to get my copy of the CE, then it's the last premium product i'll ever buy from Anet.

See, the complains begin

Quote Originally Posted by Palidore
    A bit confused though- it says that the extra CE's wont ship until the end of June, so does that still mean that lots of the people who wanted the CE (and aren't lucky enough to get the limited ones that are going to be shipped within the next week) will still be basically screwed?
    Keep in mind that there are three situations here:

1) Those who bought the CE from a place that has not suffered the global delay (if there is any at all). These guys would get the CE tomorrow (if there's someplace that has not suffered the delay).

2) Those who bought the CE from a place that is suffering the global delay. Those are going to get the CE in an unknown date.

3) Those who wanted to buy the CE, but learned it was "out of stock" already (look at Best Buy, for example, and you'll get that message).

The new copies are those meant for option 3 (people who never managed to get it), not the delayed copies for option 2.

Erasculio

OMG Thank you thank you thank you ANET!

June 30th!

That's more than A MONTH!

*faints*

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteran6 months registered5000 Experience Points

Question

Does this mean that a few EB stores will be getting the CE this Friday?