I've put quite a bit of thought into building an effective ritualist to play Factions with (they're just too cool a class to pass up on...and besides the Assassin is definitely not my kind of class).
The reason I'm sharing this with you is because I think this build could become quite competitive (with some improvements here and there maybe) and since I'm quite proud of it, I want to make clear who thought of it first in case that happens (call me arrogant, I don't care :P ).
Here it is:
Spawning Power: 12+4
Restoration: 12+1 (I would REALLY like to put 4 here as well and have been doubting a lot whether to give Restoration or Spawning the rune...will have to test first)
- Attuned Was Songkai (the reason Spawning gets 16 points...with this all spells that normally cost 5 energy, cost 2 now where they'd cost 3 if I left this at 13)
- Vengeful Weapon (this is what gets spammed a LOT, leeching large amounts of life and giving them to allies)
- Soothing Memories (with Songkai at 16 this spell actually gains you 1 energy)
- Arcano Echo (to spam above spells with, especially Vengeful Weapon)
- Flesh of my Flesh (an obvious choice for resurrection)
The remaining 3 skills I'll have to test to be certain of. For now I have:
- Weapon of Warding (a very nice spell to use on whoever you're not using Vengeful Weapon on)
- Recuperation (how I WISH Union was a Restoration Spirit...however, that not being the case I'll have to settle for this. This might be replaced by Ghostly Haste if I decide it's worth it)
- Wielder's Boon (an additional support healing spell but a pretty good one)
This build is obviously highly defensive. It doesn't heal as well as monks do but as opposed to monks it can actually dish out sizeable amounts of damage while healing thanks to Vengeful Weapon (which you spam on as many people as often as possible) and I think it should be very good in the energy department due to Songkai allowing you to spam copious amounts of weapons and small healing spells all over the place.
So far what I don't like about the build is how it hardly utilizes the high amount of spawning power because of lack of good spirits in both the Spawning and Restoration tree.
I might be able to do with all spells costing 3 energy instead of 2 (so I can raise Restoration to 16 instead) but I'd have to test that first.
Any (constructive) criticism is off course welcome and appreciated :D