PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tralala

Tell me: what did you not like in Factions?

I just played preorder event, startet as an assasin and played until lvl 6. The towns looks ok but really not special, the NPC are the same, there is a talk dialog with quest NPC´s, borring :/ and repititive. The scenery outside the town is exacly the same as we all now. Then i played my lvl 20 to Factions and i must say that kaining center looks like something taken out from half-life 1˝, very sparse and repititive textures. Start scene is = nothing, i mean absolute nothing. Other cut scenes ? you now all from previous gameplay. Mhh i really dont know, but i expectet a bit more than just a new finish of the old game.
    Yes i know some features like better map and other ajustment, but that is something that a normal patch should do. But you tell me, do i miss something here ?? should Factions live another year ? how long can a game like this continue ?

Factions only needs to live another six months, then the next one will come along.

Some people can never be satisfied.

I mean, have you played ANY game sequel ever? There are some new stuff, some old stuff. You cant really expect something totally different. If there is Unreal, you can bet Unreal 2 will look more like Unreal1 than Age of Empires. No?

What do you expect, to have ANET as your personal slaves, and just to develop game for you alone? You know, i bet that if u told em what to do, and they did it, u still wouldnt be satisfied :) See, you didnt say what they were supposed to do better, just what they did bad. You say 'bad textures'. Ok, what kind of textures you would want? Oh yea, u dont know, but u would want em to be stunning n breathtaking. Right.

Tralala
    Quote Originally Posted by Servant of Kali
    Some people can never be satisfied.

I mean, have you played ANY game sequel ever? There are some new stuff, some old stuff. You cant really expect something totally different. If there is Unreal, you can bet Unreal 2 will look more like Unreal1 than Age of Empires. No?

What do you expect, to have ANET as your personal slaves, and just to develop game for you alone? You know, i bet that if u told em what to do, and they did it, u still wouldnt be satisfied :) See, you didnt say what they were supposed to do better, just what they did bad. You say 'bad textures'. Ok, what kind of textures you would want? Oh yea, u dont know, but u would want em to be stunning n breathtaking. Right.
    Yes i have been played games for the last 20 years. And many sequels to. No i dont want any breathtaking, just some improvements that i really dont see in factions.

this isn't a technology* expansion, it's a content expansion.
    if you go to tyria you'll see all the new stuff technology wise is available there too, like the map labels and titles.
    if you don't like new content you can stick with ch1 and you will get all the new tech stuff.
    *(i know that's not the right word but i can't remember it atm. sorry)

There are a few new nice quests (like the Yeti one, where you kill the high lvl yeti and before it dies it turns friendly and gives you a quest), but most of the quests are repetetive fetxh thias, go there and kill that quests..

Most areas are filled with only 1-3 types of monsters... I played it for a couple of hours, got to lvl 14 and got bored :/ I hoped this game would keep me interested for at least a month, but at this rate it will get boring really soon...

And stop bashing the porr guy. In his opinion the game isn't as good as he expected. And he has the right to say it on this forum. If you like it - go to the "What you like about Factions" thread.

One of my dislike/Concern is the content.

I don't think anyone finish the game yet.... but somehow just have an impression that the game will be shorter. If the End-game is still like that of CH 1, well, it would make me not want to buy the next one.

Overall, the whole thing seems still like much of the same thing. (granted that can spot several improvments, but its really what the origianl game should be)

I believe the problem, and this is just my opinion, is that they decided they were going to switch from expansion to standalone too late for Factions. It suffers from levelling happening too quick (though some would say this is good) due to icky flowing, too much cash can be raised (again, same thing as previous paranthesis), and the fact that most abilities have to be bought - definately symptons of expansion-itus if you ask me.

However, I'm sure "end-game" (or, full game - 5%) is fantastic, and I do still think the game is fantastic. But next campaign is when we'll see the true format of the campaign production decision in full effect.

i liked it overall..

Just the balancing of the quests... being a lvl 9/10 and unable to do any of the quests because the enemies are too hard.

Plus, i would say, they kept the textures plain and simple simply because well, if it becomes to graphically enhanced for a lot of people what audience will they be getting? Not alot. Some people might have had to upgrade there computer for it or people would have just gone off the idea of playing Guild Wars altogether due to the fact that they are unable to play Factions.

Are there any areas comparable in overall quality to Pre-searing Catacombs or Underworld or Sorrow's Furnace? These areas are totally awesome to go through, if only to explore and enjoy the visuals. :)