PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Two team co-op missions. Nice idea, horrible in practice

I have loved every single moment in Factions up until the nightmare that is Vizunah Square. Two co-op teams might seem great, and if it worked properly it would be tons of fun, but here is what really happens when you try this:

1st attempt - you try and figure out what is going on and fail because you are kind of lost with the whole concept.

2nd Attempt - Another failure when you hit the second wave and get overwhelmed, again not knowing what to expect. So next time you plan on being ready.

3rd attempt through 10th attempt - You fail every time, not because you aren't prepared, because the other team isn't prepared at all.

11th attempt - You fail to the shouts of "haha have fun losers" then the other team quits so you die.

12th attempt - Someone joins the mission on the other side just to cap a skill then leaves, you fail.

13th attempt - Menhlo glitches and gets killed, you fail.

14th attempt - Togo glitches and gets killed, you fail.

15th attempt - Henchies glitch when the other team approaches, Togo dies, you fail.

16th through 20th attempt - back to failing because of the other team not being prepared.

21st attempt - Finally get a good second group and beat the mission

So, tonight after 21 attempts, my boyfriend and I finally beat Vizunah square. Only twice did we ever die/fail to protect master Togo. In every single other case it was the other side that somehow caused us all to die and fail the mission.

I think this is a really neat idea in concept, but the reality is it can potentially take dozens of tries to finally finish the mission because of getting paired with a horrible team or some npc bug causing Togo or Menhlo to get stuck

When it finally worked as intended, it was a lot of fun actually. The problem is there is too much room for it to not go right at all.
    Andria Tshin - Minion Mistress
    Kaiya Tshin - Spiritual Healer

"Spirits, the slow track to success."

I feel sorry for your distress, because I loved the whole thing. I believe it was on my third try I succeded, once I had joined up with a group (beforehand I had used henchies. Big mistake. ). The funny thing was, when our cavalry arrived, it was a team of, clearly adept, Koreans. After several translator jokes, we got on with it, and despite the language differences, it was still a great experience. We co-ordinated with ease, and in the end I believe we won on minute 21. :/

Still, I hope you'll give it another chance. When you get dealt the right hand, it's truly a brilliant experience.

I know what its like. I myself have been having horrible luck with the mission. I still havnt completed it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowReapr
    I feel sorry for your distress, because I loved the whole thing. I believe it was on my third try I succeded, once I had joined up with a group (beforehand I had used henchies. Big mistake. ). The funny thing was, when our cavalry arrived, it was a team of, clearly adept, Koreans. After several translator jokes, we got on with it, and despite the language differences, it was still a great experience. We co-ordinated with ease, and in the end I believe we won on minute 21. :/

Still, I hope you'll give it another chance. When you get dealt the right hand, it's truly a brilliant experience.
    Oh, when it did work the final time it was a lot of fun. But at that point it was more relief at finishing it than enjoying the mission. I realize we probably had some bad luck involved too, but it does go to show that when it works right, its great, but when it goes wrong its completely horrible.
    Andria Tshin - Minion Mistress
    Kaiya Tshin - Spiritual Healer

"Spirits, the slow track to success."

I loved it, but I'm pretty sure we were just lucky (as was the other team) enough to beat it third try. Even then I had no idea it was a timed mission, and since we did it in 33 minutes it turned out to be standard.

I think we're going to try to take our guild and improve our time, but the other team is definitely going to be a problem since it's something we can't control.
    mv

I am just giving insight on the other side of the coin (Coming from Tyria).

I got to the mission two days after release. Now this seems to be the time between the hardcore grinders and the people that kicks back and enjoy their new Catha environment. I have tried this mission for the whole days either because the other team has no idea what's going on or people just quit like OP mentioned. When we finally have 10+ players from both groups, it was piece of cake and a lot of fun.

The best that I did during this whole time with a guildie and all henchies (with the other team being henchies which dies during the second battle) was to make it to the last boss and got rocked over the bridge. And I agree with the others, when it is intended for what was planned, it's a great idea. However, more often than not, it's going to fail. But maybe when more people get to this mission, it'll be easier to do (I don't even want to think about what happens when people needs the mission once the waves of people has gone pass it).

Deleted: Double post.

Meh I got a good team together most of us where pissed off at this mission so 2 necros made a pug they got me then some war then a 2nd ranger then seeing no monks we wait alittle just about to go in with hench and some how 3 monks get in are party. So we set up skills 1 bonder 1 heal 1 protect 1 MM 1 arcane echo SS with order of pain I think, 2 barrage/inturpet 1 with traps 1 with EoE and 1 tank. We see there is no 2nd team so we know that if you rush and dont kill all the mobs before togo they get bugged so we slowly go down there. when we do most of hench die but gai lives and we fly threw the rest of the mission and get master. Not hard if you get a dam good team. I was the traper I would trap the spawns of the guys and most of the time they would die as soon as they spawned and EoE would kill the ones that where almost dead.

Sounds like a nice idea this!

How long time do you get to chat with the other party before hell breaks loose?

the only thing you are complaining about here is the same complaint common to just about every complaint thread - people.

All good experiences in the game are when you have been surrounded by good ppl, all bad when surrounded by bad ppl.

It's that simple