PC Gaming News
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    I understand the OPs sentiments. I was pretty frustrated with this mission as well. At first, I thought it was just ridiculously hard. Ends up there were supposed to be 8 other people in there with us but it was always one dude with henchmen who seemed to disappear at some point.

Ends up you just need ONE good group to get it done. Last night, a guild group was able to do the mission when the other team was entirely henchmen. We had a barrage ranger, an AOE nuker, a wells/MM necro and 2 human monks plus a few others.

The mission is very doable, even with the other team hurting you in the process. And I have to say I just LOVE the concept behind the mission. I really enjoy the way they integrated the incoming Prophecies players into the story. Just great.

Quote Originally Posted by Seyfert
    i guess i just got lucky that the other team was good... well actually it was one dude with henchies and i was just one guy with henchies went perfectly smooth and easy as pie... was a pretty big surprise when i entered the mission and suddenly found anouther player fighting ahead of me...
    Yeah same here. Did it on the second try, after swapping one skill out for a more useful skill to keep my henchmen alive at the second big battle.

After the third big battle, on the way to the final showdown by the bridge, I saw these two other people, and they had guild capes.

I was like, "Are there other players in here with me?" and they were like, 'Whoah, we're not alone?'

That explained why my henchmen (especially my healer) kept running away from me at various inoportune times, and why my healer didn't come back and stay still long enough to raise the two henchmen that died in the third battle....

We carried on and wasted the last boss together. I believe they were two players with henchies, (A level 20 assassin and a level 20 ritualist) and I was one necromancer with henchmen.

GWOnline.Net Member
    This is my favorite mission in the entire game so far, I love the utter chaos in the game. We managed to to do it on the first try but it was mainly guildies and the other team was one guy with henchies. I am curious though, how do you get to be the other team? We always start out on the same side with Mhenlo and have to rush to save Togo. I heard people talk about Canthan or Tyrian teams but what does that mean?

Finaly made the mission on the 4'th try
    actualy the team did it with su6.
    again i got locked up in a corner where i couldnt get out.
    i just rounded the street corner , and wham i was suspended in mid air 8(
    i didnt bounce out of the game this time, luckely.
    I'm seriously beginning to dislike these bugs where people and henchies keep
    getting stuck all the time.
    I think this is a big bug in the game witch should be fixed asap

maybe Gaile has a comment on this?

ps: hench healers still dont remove blind from you either
    Last edited by PukingDog; 02-05-2006 at 17:20.

Can some post a screenie of the 2 team missions? can you rez the other party member? Since they are allies, do they show up in your party window? As you can see, i'm not there yet
    "It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
    General George S. Patton, Jr

Plagatus Renovo (LvL 20 Mo/E) ~ Blessed Aura (LvL 20 Me/N) ~ M Y S T Y K (LvL 20 R/Mo) ~ Miss Maximus (LvL 20 W/Mo) ~ Miss Raiden (LvL 20 E/Rt)

k3nn3tH123: yea bears in presearing are smarter, then, during searing, majority of them got hit by meteors, thus altering their DNA and making them retarded.

GWOnline.Net Member
    Quote Originally Posted by plagatus
    Can some post a screenie of the 2 team missions?
    The first mission off the boat from Tyria, Vizuna Sq. is one.

can you rez the other party member?
    No. If they get wiped (which is common for henchies or 1-lvl-15-asn-&-7-hench teams) there's nothing you can do about it. To make matters worse, the all-hench teams seem not to want to rez themselves from the getgo.

Since they are allies, do they show up in your party window?
    Nope. They don't. Makes cross-team healing a pain.

All-in-all, I have to agree with OP, the way these missions are implemented is terrible.

I think that if there were 2 party co-op missions, you 'should' be able to rez them since they are your "allies".
    "It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
    General George S. Patton, Jr

Plagatus Renovo (LvL 20 Mo/E) ~ Blessed Aura (LvL 20 Me/N) ~ M Y S T Y K (LvL 20 R/Mo) ~ Miss Maximus (LvL 20 W/Mo) ~ Miss Raiden (LvL 20 E/Rt)

k3nn3tH123: yea bears in presearing are smarter, then, during searing, majority of them got hit by meteors, thus altering their DNA and making them retarded.

Made it first try - sheer luck I think - Cantha team was me and a guilde w/ henchies the other side was guild team of a war a monk and an ele w/ henchies.

Neither side knew what was coming - there was mostly confusion at he timer - what is this - pvp? My guild asked why a time - he accidently used all and got back response of "What? " Who are you? Etc. Which were wer like "What?" as the timer is winding down - at that point is was just a huge blur through the mission - some how we made it. Once it started - the only real communication from the other side was "Can you rez members of the other team?" - we figured out the answer is no.

People can make any mission bad, but the confusion and surpise of what happens the first time you hit this makes it worse. There should have been some sort of intro 2 teams of 4 mission on the island to at least try to address this. Not sure what Tyria side would do - but any hint would of been nice

I reached the Tyrian side of this mission on day pre-day 1. At this time, very few if any had reached the Local side yet.

We had no idea what was going on. People rushed ahead and Mhenlo died. Restart.
    We saved Mhenlo and Togo died. Restart.
    We managed to save Togo, he takes off and we team-wipe. Restart.

About the 7th attempt, we finally get a Canthan player and beat the mission.

An NPC should warn us before starting that there "should" be a team helping, but may not be available.
    Or like the GvG matches "No matching team is available. Keep waiting or enter?".

On the Canthan side, so far it has been Assassins and Ritualists with the odd Monk or Necro. Many teams are rude/hostile towards letting assassins in the party.
    They would rather ignore the facts and shout over and over for something that doesn't exist (ie tanks).

True, we don't want too many of one type in any party, but don't spit on them. Take them or take henchies. Your choice until someone brings up warriors, etc.
    A proud member of: Crusaders of Valhalla [Odin]
    Bauer Grann - W/Mo20 | Rysta Katt - R/Mo20 | Der Dokter - Mo/E20 | Apo Naprona - Me/R20
    Ardent Tempest - E/Mo20 | Bella Dwan - N/Me20 | Ivo Gossner A/Me20 | Ardent Spirit Rt/Mo20
    Ardent Cry - P/R20 | Ardent Mystic - D/R20

GWOnline.Net Member
    I just did that mission last night, I never noticed the other team and I beat it the first time around, and only with henchies.

It was remarkable easy I thought, I was using my Prophecies MM Necro and just kept raising Horrors and Bone Horrors with ocasional corpse explosions.

???