PC Gaming News
Page 45 of 98 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595 ... LastLast
    the one an only, king of goofzors

bard, nice armor looks sick and nice blood effect on the sword

Quote Originally Posted by Zalis Baenre View Post
    FoW and Primeval (latter more than the former) are overrated and overdone. I vote Ancient 100%.

Who wants to look like every other shmuck who's completed NF and gotten Primeval? (and looks like a mutated anime crustacean)

I love my Ancient armor and have yet to see anyone else using the exact same setup. And, no, that's not because it's ugly.
    Ancient is really ugly in my opinion. I'd much rather go for a more common appearance than one that doesn't look good (it's common for a reason, don't forget) plus there's always the option to get creative with dyes. I'd go for the Elite Sunspear over Primevil probably, but it's so damn expensive.

My Warrior has been running a partial 15k glads with a 1.5k ascalon helm, some 1.5k knights gloves and 1.5k platemail legs. I tried for the 15k gladiator look a long time ago but never completed it. Then factions came out... and now Nightfall.. and i'm going for that primevil!
    This barren soil
    scorched and stained
    by the blood of soldiers
    left fallen in the rain
    All the light in the world today
    Won't light up the night
    into which I walk away

Quote Originally Posted by The Bard View Post
    the one an only, king of goofzors
    The added blood looks awesome.

ooo how cool would it be if in gw 2 u got covered by blood spatter everytime u kill anything ud have to go into town to clean up ur gear lol

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Furinto View Post
    Ancient is really ugly in my opinion. I'd much rather go for a more common appearance than one that doesn't look good (it's common for a reason, don't forget) plus there's always the option to get creative with dyes. I'd go for the Elite Sunspear over Primevil probably, but it's so damn expensive.
    Primeval is common because everyone wants to look like a ridiculously large anime-esque warrior. Or perhaps my bias is due to the fact that I can't stand most anime. That could be it.

Regardless of one's feelings about Primeval, it's been done to death.

Ancient is fine and, w/o the helmet, looks rather Roman. It is a little tricky to dye well, but there are a few attractive solutions. And, unlike some armor sets, it looks like something a human could actually wear. :)
    Last edited by Zalis; 27-03-2007 at 19:26.

ancient ftw!

Quote Originally Posted by cranialexodus View Post
    I also agree. Was passing through RoT recently so grabbed a quick SS along the way Still haven't decided whether to go ancient, fow or primeval, I definitely need an inscribable armour and only have 12 free inventory slots as it is =/.
    Love the hammer!

I don't see anything remotely "anime" about the Primeval armor. I saw a lot of it in the Assassin appearances, but yeah.. not in this. :x
    This barren soil
    scorched and stained
    by the blood of soldiers
    left fallen in the rain
    All the light in the world today
    Won't light up the night
    into which I walk away

GWOnline.Net Member cranialexodus's Avatar
    Believe me, primeval looks a lot better when it's your warrior in hi-res version than seeing it on other warriors in lower res. I wouldn't call it animeish at all. Ancient has good bits but also bad bits, and the good bits don't appear to combo well with other armours imo.

The hammer's a desolation maul if you didn't already know, died some combo to match my (old dyes) yellow+purple armour, not that the light there really brings the colours out.