PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast

(MERGED) Start banning BOTS in Elona, for Grenth's sake!

Ok, it took me all of 5 minutes watching the Mo/W in Elona Reach to realize they're bots. They're all running the same program, too. These aren't chinese sweatshop farmers, they're macro-driven bots.

GMs, go ban them. C'mon, do it. Go watch them walk in the SAME repetitive patterns and realize they're bots and freakin ban them.

GWOnline.Net Member
    They did ban some. The names i always used to see there disappeared and new ones have appeared. As some get banned, others get created on other accounts.

It's 3:45 AM, and most of America is asleep. American Elona is CHOCK full of people who've set their bots to farm and headed off to bed.

How about a ban for them when they wake up?

They're all using the same bot too, it seems. Go watch them. Go! LQQK. Freakin' morons who downloaded the same bot and said "schweet, i'll get rich while i sleep, just like i did when i played diablo ii!"

Goto http://support.guildwars.com and TELL ANET to ban them. C'mon, ANet, pull out that Ban Stickô and instead of banning people who don't seem to have deserved it how about going and banning people who are obviously using bots?
    Last edited by ccrazool; 04-05-2006 at 13:18.

How do we go about reporting the botter. I just headed there to check it out and litterally was like 100 Mo/W and nobody else in the dist. 1. All running the same paths in the same pattern over and over to the merchant. Nevermind I figured it out. I sent screenshots with names and requested that they do something more than they have because its obviously not working.

I just don't see why they alter the game mechanics so that there is no advantage to farming and the bots will vanish because there would be no point to bot. Or there needs to be some sort of bot prevention system so that bots just plain can't be used. I am under the impression that other games can't be botted because of programs preventing the use of bots so why after 1 year does GW still have a mojor problem with botting even after bans. Perhaps there needs to be a stricter policy on it. If your botting you will be fined 1 million dollars.

GWOnline.Net Member
    Yeah and all of them used to follow the same pattern i.e. run to merchant, overshoot, bounce off the wall and come back

they should randomly locate merchants :o

because every other farmed doesn't use the same path each time they go, you guys are always so quick to jump to botters.

as much as you don't want to admit it, those farmers keep the economy stable.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Chaos
    they should randomly locate merchants :o
    That sounds like a great idea in theory but then how would you randomize them? People are always in the district so would the merchant just suddenly dissapear and reapper somewhere else every few minutes? That wouldn't lend itself to the role playing that they try to accomplish in the game. Of course, I don't have any other ideas to donate though or my comments might have more weight to them with an alternate idea to recommend...
    Sorry if it looks like I'm just shooting you down. It wasn't my intention.

I always thought that letting merchants ask a random question before opening up - or else shutting down for 10 mins - would be an effective way to cripple bots.
    Like: Who was the prince of Ascalon?
    a. Oink
    b. Rurik
    c. Maw
    d. Gwen
    e. Eve
    For a real player, this is easy. For a bot, impossible (I think).

Quote Originally Posted by Vallen Frostweaver
    That sounds like a great idea in theory but then how would you randomize them? People are always in the district so would the merchant just suddenly dissapear and reapper somewhere else every few minutes? That wouldn't lend itself to the role playing that they try to accomplish in the game. Of course, I don't have any other ideas to donate though or my comments might have more weight to them with an alternate idea to recommend...
    Sorry if it looks like I'm just shooting you down. It wasn't my intention.
    maybe it would randomize on town load. :dunno:

but i a disappearing merchant would be kind of funny :o