PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25
  1. #1
    Zutansdc
    Guest

    PvP skill points

    I was thinking that the skills points earned with experience in GW, for PvP are totally worthless for that char.

    I have some suggestions about this.

    1. The points earned in PvP can be used in the Guild Hall to buy more skills from the Skill Trainer (new update allready existing), since the PvP char can not access PvE areas, which is fare enough.

    2. This is an other idea on how to use those points. If the char fills the bar of experience instead of a skill point should get a fame point.

    3. Get rid of the experience bar once and for all because it is worthless, no one likes to get points that can not be spent.

  2. #2
    I'm surprised a PvPer keeps the very same character long enough to even get a skillpoint on that character.

    You can't get rid of it though because its used in PvE, otherwise we can't get skills period. You can unlock them and use them whenever you want, you get faction. PvEr's need the skill points to have a hope in hell of ever getting skills.

    Though getting rid of it and letting people buy skills in PvE without the skill point requirement I'd be very happy with. It's boring grinding away just to get enough skill points to buy needed skills.

  3. #3
    I agree if a pvp char gets a fulll bar of xp it should get 1 fame

  4. #4
    Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Cyberman's Avatar
    Server

    Piken Square
    Guild

    WHGT
    Posts

    1,228
    Quote Originally Posted by Zutansdc
    3. Get rid of the experience bar once and for all because it is worthless, no one likes to get points that can not be spent.
    It doesnīt really change anything, but you can disable the display of the skill bar.
    At least you donīt have to look at it all the time.

  5. #5
    or it should get enough faction to unlock a skill?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor junior
    I agree if a pvp char gets a fulll bar of xp it should get 1 fame
    It's a nice idea, but the beauty of PvP is being able to remake a complete character quickly and easily. If there was a way to basically slowfarm fame like that. People would lock into characters and never change them. And then all the problems with Anet changing skills making builds suddenly unusable and bleah, unhappy people.. glad I don't pvp heh.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor junior
    I agree if a pvp char gets a fulll bar of xp it should get 1 fame
    My only problem with this, is that PvE chars that pvp are left out

    It is a fairly good idea though

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashberry
    It's a nice idea, but the beauty of PvP is being able to remake a complete character quickly and easily. If there was a way to basically slowfarm fame like that. People would lock into characters and never change them. And then all the problems with Anet changing skills making builds suddenly unusable and bleah, unhappy people.. glad I don't pvp heh.
    On the other hand, this would reward 'mastering' one profesion in PvP.

    If there was secondary profesion changer and armor changer in PvP arenas, you would be stuck only with primary and skill-point-is-fame would be viable.

    OR when you delete PvP character 'orb of experience' will be put into storage (if free space), which when used by PvP character will grat him experience points of previous incarnation (experience since last 'skill point'). orb will be customized to acount or untradeable of course...

  9. #9
    GWOnline.Net Member allinuff's Avatar
    Posts

    1,358
    Fame is account based. Awarding fame that way isn't very wise.

    This feels like the PVP version of PVE characters not gaining anything from faction points.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by zweistein
    On the other hand, this would reward 'mastering' one profesion in PvP.
    True, but we all know it'll be IWAY hehe.

Posting Permissions

Posting Permissions

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off