PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Factions Special Abilities are not usable?

I don't get it.. with the 6 core professions, each class had its own indiviual special ability that made it unique.

What made it more unique is you could use these special abilities to your advantage if you wanted to be a primary of something else.

For example, if you wanted to be a monk, but have lots of energy, you would be a Elemental/Monk.

If you wanted to be a Fast Damage Dealing Elemental, you would be a Me/E.

If you wanted to be a Anti Caster with built in energy management, you would be a N/Me.

Yet look at Assasians and Rits.

Assains get energy for every critical hit? Sure, warriors could use that, but they don't even NEED energy. What about elementals? Monks? Mesmers or Necros? Its useless to them, you cannot combo them if you tried.

Seriously, that sounds more like a 10 energy spell you paste on your charater to be more efficent, but NOT a special ability!

Ritualists, the ability to give more health to summoned creatures. Considering that all spirits and undead summons are timed based, and die eventually, never being a "permentant" use on the battlefield, I never see use for this. How could this be useful to a Rt/Me class? or Rt/Mo?

It can't! It sounds like just another "skill" that should be 10-15 energy to help out your undead or spirit buddies. You can't really combo them with another class.

Do you guys see what I"m saying? Or am I the only one who see's that these are not useful special abilities but ONLY to the class they are assigned to. That really hurts the possibilities one has to open up new combo's.

~Ice~

Random example of how the assassin's special ability could work: Meleemancers (necro's) could use it to keep their energy up. A/N

A/N Necro Touch skills

A/Me IW build, Gaining energy in prep for casting, plus daggers with IW means more hits with double strike.

A/Mo I have seen some smiting monks use the spells up close, why not with this?

A/E Energy for knockdown spells, or to annoy

A/R Ranger attacks use energy, people who want more damage can go with critcal strikes.

Rt/N Want to build a huge minion army with spirits, plus health?

Rt/R I think pets get a bonus, From what i read in an article.

Some spirits , when using a skill takes health from them, This allows them to use it more often like Wanderlust.

Why don't you take the time to think of a build before complaining. RiT's are extremely helpfull. And news to you they dont just heal there spirits they do lots more. And a lot of there skills are good. Especially there healng and there ashes. I'm willing to bet that before April is done someone will have come up with some wierd build inlcuding assasins. oh wait I just did on the spot. They are extremely good for keeping energy and health up. They also have teleports which are extremely helpfull. Like the last guy said a meleemancer, add icy tang and spinal shivers you got yourself the greatest interupts plus you could add some life stealing and touch spells you are set. Take the time to think of something before you post.

Plus, you're forgetting the inclusive abilities - Critical Strikes has some attacks that rival that of the Warrior's.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip
    Why don't you take the time to think of a build before complaining...

etc. etc.

...Take the time to think of something before you post.
    I saw no offense in the opening post; did you? Nor was it particularly crafted in a complaining way, more like a question.

Should people have to worry about these kinds of snarly replies when they're just attempting to open a discussion? I think not.
    mv

Critical Strike is basically alot like Strength. Its a slightly weaker primary attribute for secondary focuses, but its loaded with important skills for the primary in particular. Soul rending for necros may have been excellent energy management, but the line doesn't have any skills, and now that it does there are still only two. Same with Energy Storage and Fast cast, they didn't really have an abundance of decent skills.

Now, for ritualist? ... Ok, i think i'm stumped on this one, Ritualist are the only profession with spirits that are linked with the player, and take damage when they are hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Princess eirika
    A/N Necro Touch skills

A/Me IW build, Gaining energy in prep for casting, plus daggers with IW means more hits with double strike.

A/Mo I have seen some smiting monks use the spells up close, why not with this?

A/E Energy for knockdown spells, or to annoy

A/R Ranger attacks use energy, people who want more damage can go with critcal strikes.

Rt/N Want to build a huge minion army with spirits, plus health?

Rt/R I think pets get a bonus, From what i read in an article.

Some spirits , when using a skill takes health from them, This allows them to use it more often like Wanderlust.

Also:

Rt/Me Energy management for a healer
    Rt/E Wards and other defensive capabilities
    Rt/A Shadow stepping (very handy for skills that target enemy spirits)
    R/Rt Expertise

A/E Aoe point-blank damage
    A/N Plauge touch, Mark of Pain (especially with the recent buff + Dark Prisim)
    R/A Expertise

Some of you guys don't understand what i'm saying.

I'm talking about those who use the "special ability" but use only their secondary skills as if they were a primary.

For example. A Monk who has high energy would be a Elemental/Monk. No, this person would not use any elemental skills whatsoever, just take advantage of the ability to have higher energy and heal his team more frequently.

How could a Rt/Mo with the special ability to make summons last longer be any use to this person? None at all.

I hope I explained it better.. :P

~Ice~

If I follow the same logic in the original post...

What good is the monk special ability when combined with other classes? I don't see divine favor kick in when I use a spell from any other class.