PC Gaming News
    GWOnline.Net Member

Rupture Soul - the new trapping?

Apologies if this has been posted before...

Rupture Soul (Spawning Power)
    Target allied Spirit is destroyed. All nearby enemies are struck for 50..122 lightning damage and become blinded for 3..10 seconds.
    Energy:10 Cast:0.75 Recharge:5

Pros:
    At 16 spawning power this hits for 146 damage on all nearby creatures. Get 2 ritualists together, create 4 different spirits, throw on arcane echo, lure the monsters close and Rupture Soul all your spirits. Bang. 584 damage in about 2 seconds. Much faster setup than a pair of trappers, and melee monsters are blinded after the first hit.

Cons:
    It's lightning damage, so some monsters may be resistant. It also doesn't work against some casters or ranged monsters, who can destroy the spirits without coming within range of the Rupture area of effect.

Comments:
    Damage can be buffed for high-armor monsters using Cruel Was Daoshen:
    Hold Daoshen's ashes for up to 15..51 seconds. When you drop his ashes, all nearby foes are struck for 10..94 lightning damage.
    Energy:15 Cast:2 Recharge:45

There are also several ways of getting spirits close to ranged monsters - Anguished Was Lingwah, Soul Twisting, and Draw Spirit all come to mind. I'll experiment with these techniques a bit first. However, plain Summon/Rupture should be perfectly fine for farming Aatxes and Smite Crawlers.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Archangol
    Get 2 ritualists together, create 4 different spirits, throw on arcane echo, lure the monsters close and Rupture Soul all your spirits. Bang. 584 damage in about 2 seconds.
    Sensing nerf aproaching in 3...2...1...

Might as well throw up 3 spirits each, just wait for the third use (5 second recharge) on Rupture... They're all blinded anyways...what's 5 seconds to wait to finish them all off?

It sounds great but what if you had a pair of trapper aswell? I mean you get all your spirts and traps in one place, aggro the monster so they come to the spirit trap. The as soon as they are in range use Rupture then the moster all get nailed by the taps!

It would be funny to watch and I doubt than many - if any - monsters or characters would survive.

If you really wanted a large spike, you could do Destruction > Daoshen> wait a bit > teleport to guy > Draw spirit > Rupture Soul > Drop Daoshen. And against ranged foes you could cast spirit rift on them before going in.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Melvin
    If you really wanted a large spike, you could do Destruction > Daoshen> wait a bit > teleport to guy > Draw spirit > Rupture Soul > Drop Daoshen. And against ranged foes you could cast spirit rift on them before going in.
    while your at it add clamor of souls maybe?

GWOnline.Net Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Moooooo Haha
    It sounds great but what if you had a pair of trapper aswell?
    It's essentially a farming build, which means you use as few players as possible to do the job. 2 ritualists should produce enough damage to do the job without requiring other players.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Melvin
    If you really wanted a large spike, you could do Destruction > Daoshen> wait a bit > teleport to guy > Draw spirit > Rupture Soul > Drop Daoshen.
    Quote Originally Posted by lavenbb
    while your at it add clamor of souls maybe?
    I still haven't had a chance to test it much yet (Real Life interfering with my gaming time), but the problem seems to be that Dest/CWD/CoS are all in the Channeling line, which has a grand total of 1 spirit - Destruction (which can only be created once).

You'll need to max out Spawning as your primary damage attribute, but if you also pump Channeling up to >10 as your secondary damage attribute any other spirits (from the Restoration or Communing line) will be very low level.

If you're aggroing multiple monsters, you'll need to wait until they're all within the Area of Effect before you start Rupturing, which may mean that the lead monster is able to take a swipe at your spirits before the last monster enters the area. If your spirits are only lvl 1-3, there's a good chance that they'll drop, even with the Spawning hp bonus, which kills a good chunk of your damage.

The best option, from what I can tell so far, is to put Communing up to 12 (13 with minor rune) as this line has the most number of Spirits in it. This lets each of the Ritualists take 3 unique spirits for a total of 6 - which should be enough to drop even Armor100 monsters, plus all the spirits last for more than 30 seconds and are tough enough to withstand a swipe from the monsters.

This is pretty energy-intensive (3 spirits, arcane echo, 3 ruptures) so you might want to bring Attuned Was Songkai as your Elite.
    Last edited by Archangol; 13-05-2006 at 08:46.

I used Rupture Soul extensively during the PvP preview. I won a match because of it too, all because the last guy on the other team started running, then stopped to use Healing Signet righ beside one of my spirits. Rupture, massive damage, gg.

I haven't found Rupture yet now that Factions has been released, but I'm greatly looking forward to it.
    Scott the Green, W/X | Scott the Happy, N/R,Me | Scott the Inept, Me/X | Scott the Farseeing, Rt/N,E | Scott the Hurt, Mo/A
    Scott the Physical, E/Me | Scott the Clumsy, A/E | Scott the Pacifist, D/Mo | Scott the Aimless, R/P | Scott the Quiet, P/N
    Scott the Burdened, mule | Sorka Nordentaller, female mesmer who doesn't match the naming scheme