PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteran6 months registered5000 Experience Points
    Server

Stormbluff Isle

Talking Give Mesmers their swords!

If this has been mentioned before, i'm sry.

I would really like to have Anet introduce Mesmer swords into the game. I don't see why not? Mesmers should have their own swords to use for IW that have Mesmer Req. Last time i checked, all swords require warrior attributes. There might be a drawback though since secondary mesmers can use it, so i say add in a "req. 13 Ill or IW is disabled" or something like that .

Why? Because in the high-poly pictures of GW:P, the mesmer indeed had a sword.

From this image, people who don't play GW might think that Mesmers wield Swords, not canes or staves. The armor she's wearing does look like the armors in the game and that mask is sorta like the domination mask. But the sword? not a single Mesmer sword. So i don't know why they didn't implement the sword into the game for Mesmers.

So I would suggest them adding in the epee or something. I think Mesmers should wield Fencing swords, looks like it. I think of Mesmers as rich nobles that fence so maybe a fencing sword will be best since other swords are taken by warriors. Plus, which warrior would wield a thin blade that looks weak?

So... i dunno, here'e a pic of an epee (or should i say epees):

Dunno, I've been perfectly happy with my slim little Shinobi Blade that I picked up on Shing Jea from a L1 monster. The stats are horrid, but since it's IW, who cares about stats? I slapped an enchanting mod on it, and I'm good to go from there.

I may get the +5 energy katana from the Imperial Sanctum later though.

I use a Candy Cane Sword...and a Gingerbread Shield...

Not the best choices, but the funny factor more than makes up for it...

This has been mentioned quite a bit and it does not seem that Anet has even taken note of the situation or the complaints. I don't mind since they brought us the +5 Items and a Green HoD Sword that is just awesome for IW. Although with daggers now available and the Mes/Sin being the best class combo for an IW build I no longer know if one needs it that much as a mesmer...

I'm all for more versatile item attribute ties. For instance, I'd like to see Bows with expertise/wilderness survival reqs and perhaps something for Beast Masters. Dedicated Beastmasters spec Beast Mastery and usually moderate Expertise....they are forced to spec 9 marksmanship if they want any sustained damage from a bow or abandon it in favour of a caster attribute and get a wand for damage.

Just recently we saw ArenaNet add in a restoration staff to collectors (which my restoration Rit was in dire need...) so I'm sure they do listen to these types of threads...it just may be too much work or deemed pointless by them...or perhaps its for greater balance in the aspect of less choices means less scenarios to balance for...

There was a thread long time ago about mesmers should have rapiers/epees/sabers/whips (yes whips :p)

Personally I don't mind a melee weapon for the mesmer class, but with Cyclone Axe being and axe skill that can trigger IW I find it difficult to use a sword type weapon instead of an axe when using IW with warrior secondary.

Oh yea a little off topic, but I never quite get that picture with of that mesmer in courtly armor and boots without gloves (while most people only wear only the gloves!) holding a domination mask and using a melee weapon (IW is illuison!) :p

/agreed

one of my long time wishes...

Quote Originally Posted by Tsume
    I'm all for more versatile item attribute ties. For instance, I'd like to see Bows with expertise/wilderness survival reqs and perhaps something for Beast Masters. Dedicated Beastmasters spec Beast Mastery and usually moderate Expertise....they are forced to spec 9 marksmanship if they want any sustained damage from a bow or abandon it in favour of a caster attribute and get a wand for damage.

Just recently we saw ArenaNet add in a restoration staff to collectors (which my restoration Rit was in dire need...) so I'm sure they do listen to these types of threads...it just may be too much work or deemed pointless by them...or perhaps its for greater balance in the aspect of less choices means less scenarios to balance for...
    Which collectors/crafters have restoration req weapons ?

I *definitely* want that rapier shown in the highres mesmer renders. They've already got loads of weapons in the game, including lots of swords which would be completely impossible to wield in real life... it's about time we see some rapiers! I *neeeeeed* a +5 energy rapier for my mesmer :s

I think it would rather clever if they made a unique green rapier designed specifically for mesmers. Its base stats could be something like: "16-16 dmg, req 9 illusion, +5 energy, some other bonus"

It wouldn't be imbalanced, would give an obvious weapon choice for IW and would create some fun diversity in weapon selection. And it would finally give me that darn rapier I need for my mesmer >:s

Cantha may offer a slight improvement in non-club looking weapons over 100 lbs (see pic) but indeed, I still want that rapier!!