PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    GWOnline.Net Member Notorious BOB's Avatar

Lightbulb On a roll - new Ranger skill wishlist

OK, so on the back of my success with 'Snare' I was pondering some ideas about new Ranger skills for Episode 3.

Seems to me that one thing that has been neglected is the Ranger's ability to locate and disarm traps. Would seem to be an essential part of any Trapper's skills, bit useless if you cannot safely disarm a trap.

So, in that vein....

Trapper's Intuition

Preparation
    All set traps are indicated on the mini-map for 10 seconds. (ping ping ping)
    This skill automatically fails if Wilderness Survival < 10
    (Wilderness Survival)

Handfull of Rocks

Throw a handfull of rocks which has a 5-75% chance of triggering any set traps in your immediate area.
    This skill has 1/2 the range of normal skills.
    (Wilderness Survival)

Light on your Feet

Preparation
    For 1..10 seconds you only take 1/2 damage from any traps triggered and do not suffer from any conditions generated by those traps.
    (Expertise)

Camouflage

Stance.
    When using this skill, you are rendered invisible to non-aggro'd foes for 1..10 seconds. Camouflage ends if you move or use an attack skill.
    (Expertise)

As per normal, all the numbers, durations etc. are open to tweaking.

Thoughts?

trappers intuition would be usuable by any class then cause of the 10 ws required...

i would make it 13 WS (so only rangers would be able to use this skill)
    trappers intuition activating skill 2 seconds (make it an elite signet), recharge time on skill 25 seconds (cannot be spammed against ViM teams in Ha.

handfull of rocks:
    casting time: 1/4 second (non interuptable)

and another thing about traps they should fix traps abit:
    (i experienced this while amber farming in duel the houses quest), the traps take a while to activate cause enemy needs to actualy move to enable a trap

I would like to see a preparation in the bm line.

Pet Bait
    Prep. For 24 secinds, while attacking target he has -20 armor vs pet (or maybe cant dodge/block pet)

maybe even make it a new condition it applies somelthing like odor of tastiness.

Spirit of the beast-elite
    Prep. for 24 seconds you lose your weapon and attack barehanded. All your attacks are affected by pet attacks. (man think of the dual brutaul mauling spike)

Beast soul
    Skill- If pet is dead summon level 1-20 spirit pet for 30 seconds. Pet skills used by spirit are at 50%.

camoflauge would be next to useless if you cant move while its active...

it would be incredebly good in PvP.

GWOnline.Net Member
    I would see camouflage to be more to assasins. When I first heard about the assasin class, I thought it would be a class that can move undetected and come by, unleash a combo on a target, then vanish in shadows only to come back afterward..

Anyhow, one thing that a lot of rangers would like is to be able to command pets. Just tell him to attack the target without needing to attack first, and if you move a little bit it would keep attaking.

This way, I would play BM builds a lot more, and it would be very interesting. One thing is to have a range to this, because we would see pet spiking groups in pvp (once you can see the name of your target, you all send your pets to them, and use some skills).

GWOnline.Net Member
    I would like these traps:

Plague rats
    Cost 15
    Act Time 3 sec
    recharge 20 secs

When plague rats is triggered all nearby foes take 5-50 piercing damage and are diseased for 5-20 secs. Plague rats ends after 90 sec. While activating this skill you are easily interrupted.

And i know this will never happen but...

Trip wire (elite)
    Cost 25
    Act 2 secs
    Recharge 30 secs

When Trip wire is triggered all nearby foes are knocked down, and are dazed for 5-15 secs. Trip wire ends after 90 secs. While activating this skill you are easily interrupted.

Waking the dead
    Cost 15
    Act time 3 secs
    Recharge 30 secs

When waking the dead is activated a level 1-10 minion is created. Waking dead ends after 90 secs. While activating this skill you are easily interrupted.

Quote Originally Posted by Madnapali
    camoflauge would be next to useless if you cant move while its active...
    Imagine you are doing a run for someone and you accidentally took the hard path..
    you see a HUGE BLOB of red dot on your map coming towards you...
    that's when camoflaugue will be useful =D
    wait for mob to past you, then keep going

Quote Originally Posted by andrewf
    Imagine you are doing a run for someone and you accidentally took the hard path..
    you see a HUGE BLOB of red dot on your map coming towards you...
    that's when camoflaugue will be useful =D
    wait for mob to past you, then keep going
    true, but i hardly ever find myself in that situation. let alone running someone... or accidentally taking the hard path >.>

handfull of rocks would be a bit lame i think
    u can just set a load of traps wait from above somewhere throw some rocks and kaboom, make your escape , nah!