PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Cloud Kicker

Faction and why?

My guild is Kurzick and im alway getting 10k faction with in 3 days but everyone wants me to put it in our kurzic guy in the guild hall. so we now have 55k faction for the guild.

can someone tell me what is the point of haveing guild faction high?
    do i get anything good out of this?

I think it's so that your guild can take over a town and have access to special merchants/events and dungeons but the only other thing you can do with faction I think is get jadeites for armor. Don't see much else besides that. ANet needs some more incentives for faction STAT! (ie- skills, weapons, armor)

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud Kicker
    can someone tell me what is the point of haveing guild faction high?
    If it was high enough you could win a town. However, 55K faction is nothing. Explain this to your guildies and perhaps they'll understand that their toil is in vain and save their faction for nice-looking armor.
    do i get anything good out of this?
    A warm, fuzzy feeling deep inside? Absent that, no, sorry.

Well, donate 250k and you get a title...

Other than the title "Friend of the Kurzick/Luxon", which you get for donating 250,000 faction, youre probably not going to get much benefit out of donating the faction.

Ownership of the smallest towns is well into the millions of faction by now, and even then, owning any town except the elite mission town (which is 5-9 million+ faction depending on your allegiance, and there is only 1 elite mission town per faction) is essentially pointless, IMO.

So if youre going for the title, donate away and feel good about it. Otherwise just buy amber/jadite and craft yourself some armor, or make some money.

yeah, unless your trying to aim for the millions, it's worhtless to gain faction after you get decent armor. As I said above, we need more incentives!!!!!!

Controlling specific Outpost/Towns should grant the controllers extra vendors and a special henchman per outpost.

Thus, incentive to control for example Tanglewood Copse where you can recruit Brutus and Sheenas distant relative Bruté Jr.

If you'd rather see a real benefit, dump your faction in Cavalon/HzH at the faction trader for jade and amber. Sell. Woo, monies!

Quote Originally Posted by davepesc
    Well, donate 250k and you get a title...
    omg, cashing in that kind of faction could put you well on the way to some Obsidian armor. As they say in Congress, a billion here, a billion there, and pretty soon we're talking about real money...

Quote Originally Posted by The Harlequin
    omg, cashing in that kind of faction could put you well on the way to some Obsidian armor. As they say in Congress, a billion here, a billion there, and pretty soon we're talking about real money...
    250k faction = ~500 plat = only about half the way.