PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Arrow Defeating Kanaxai {Strategy Discussion}

So there we were 3 KD Warriors, 3 Healers 1 Prot Monk, 1 SS w/ Disenchants, 1 pure Fire Ele 1 Fire/Warder Ele, Trapper and Battery Necro. Having gone through all of the other aspects w/o any major problems (seriously like 5 deaths in the entire run till that point). We were all very confident in our ability to take down big ol' Kanaxai. So after a few minutes of strategy prep, and stretch and bathroom breaks, we finally stepped into the last room. We came with the knowledge of how to take it down, but it went horribly wrong.

First thing that went down is even though we had told our chosen KD war to only KD once and only once when Kanaxai was at 80%, he failed to complete his task and instead ended up summoning 20 or so nightmares. So we all pretty much had to run back up to safety, rebirthing those who had fallen from the outbreak of nightmares. After all were back up and regened, one of our Warrior's was nice enough to donate candy canes to the group for those with death penalty. So then we took another approach try to degen the boss instead, while stripping the enchant. That seemed to work for a while but he stopped taking damage as well so we had another of our warrior's KD him, and out popped the nightmares again. Same war as last time ruined it for group. After that Aspect of Err7 kicked in and out popped the monk and one of our better tanks. After that the group pretty much fell apart, took down the IGN's of some of our brighter teammates and decided to call it a night.

Now this is just one bad experience, though it was kind of wierd how everyone did so well up to that point. Now keep in mind we didn't use TS or Vent through that entire run, so there goes another problem. Communication is the big key throughout the entire mission, another one would be really trying to work together with your teammates, especially whist in PUG's you get people who really are hard to get along with. Being that these missions are still only available through ferries from the alliance controlling either Cavalon or House zu Heltzer, I haven't been able to get all my guildies to the mission itself yet, but that will be fixed soon. This thread is to hopefully inspire others to post their experiences while dealing with this boss and posting some valid strategies to take him down.

Also just like to add in all my time playing Guild Wars, this has been the first time I've ever run into a challenging mission such as this, kudos to Anet for these missions, hopefully we will see more challanges like this in future updates or chapters.

{For those who don't know this thread refers to the "condition" ::cough::boss::cough:: at the end of The Deep[Luxon Elite Mission]}
    Last edited by Xitoahc; 21-05-2006 at 16:56.

It isnt boss,it is condition they put on that room.Btw ,at Warren Urgoz boss room is health degen -15!

Er..well if you want to be technical about it, then fine! The "final' condition. xD
    Last edited by Xitoahc; 21-05-2006 at 16:57.

Actually your warrior did right.At some moment Kanaxai stops taking damage.You knockdown it,spawn of shadows pops up,you kill shadows,while continuing stripping enchant from Kanaxai and bashing it.Next pit stop would be at 50 % health-another spawn,and then at something like 30 %-last spawn.At least 10 shadows will spawn always,so i quess,you got your usual 80 % spawn.

The first one didn't though, he didn't wait for each interval. Even after we told him to KD only once, he did a chain of KD's. Kind of difficult to play in that situation but then it makes it that more challenging =P

phakahndagarkin
    Quote Originally Posted by Xitoahc
    The first one didn't though, he didn't wait for each interval. Even after we told him to KD only once, he did a chain of KD's. Kind of difficult to play in that situation but then it makes it that more challenging =P

How many times you kd him it doesnt matter he only spawn at 80% 20 nightmares

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by phakahndagarkin
    How many times you kd him it doesnt matter he only spawn at 80% 20 nightmares
    Tried this with a few of the same people from last run and I have to disagree with that, we KD'ed once at 80% only 6 nightmares spawned, unfortunately there was some mixup in the communication and our warder used stoning which caused KD since we had weakness on Kanaxai. So we ended up summoning more nightmares then needed. But again while having a coordinated team you can breeze past the aspects. What I wanted to get out of this thread was a bunch of us sharing our own experiences, what build worked for you? How was your team setup, mistakes you made, builds that worked, etc, etc;

Yeah it seemed to me also,that knockdowns must be done in very controlled manner,I had a case,where ele meteor showered kanaxai,and we got enormously huge spawn.We died of cource,because everybody was bodyblocked inside shadow spawn.

phakahndagarkin
    our party in the beginning when he was 100% i KD him no spawns

At 80% i was the only one who KD him and 20 nightmares popped up.

We were using a guildy team so we ended up with 5 monks we didnt do enough dmg so we eventually gave up.

I've beaten it a few times now, it's a bit of a pain and I would imagine much harder without vent. Really you just need to have 2 warrior body block him against the rocks and then have the rest laid out ahead of time (ie who kds etc).