PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tablet PC and Guild Wars [gameplay?]

I'm planning to buy a Tablet PC soon [for college], and given my addiction to GW, I would like it to run well. Currently, I'm going to buy a Toshiba Tecra M4 [Core Duo, when it comes out. It'll run well.] Now, my question isn't about that, but more about gameplay: while, say, I'm walking around, using the tablet with GW open, will I be able to play, click the 1-8 keys with my stylus/etc.? I really think that'd be cool to do, and am curious.

Sure you'd be able to click with the stylus and stuff. I believe the windows handwriting recognition will even work on the chat box, key combos may be an issue, but StickyKeys under windows should be able to solve that little problem, you'll get used to it

But...

Walking around playing GW is a no, it just, you'd trip up or something, people suck at really concentrating on two things. Sitting down, or on the train, whatever, would be cool

But heres the rub; the ergonomics of the Tablet PC may well work, but, despite having a Core Duo chip for processing, from what I know, Tablet pcs well and truly suck in the 3d department. Obviously it depends upon the end product you choose, but due to their emphasis on battery life, its unlikely you'll find one that can run it satisfactorally, if at all.

I'd have to recommend a notebook over a tablet PC, if at all possible.

This is the one Tablet with a decent graphics card [NVIDIA Geforce 6600]. I'm REALLY keen on the idea of a tablet for classes/etc, so I think I'll still be going this route. Wish there was more variety though.

Well, 6 years on...

Well 6 years on there is definately more variety tablet wise!

Just a shame there isn't an Android version of GW.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order Of Dii [Dii]
    Haha, holy necromancer Batman! Still, a valid one. Could present-day tablets run GW?

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    theoretically? I think the processor should be able to run it, not too sure about the graphics part though...
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    I have seen people running GTA III on a Asus Eeepad Transformer Prime on youtube. GW should not be a problem.
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

TRUE
    Yeah, Transformer Prime is the new king of toys and could handle GW if it was in a Linux/Android flavour.

-Art

Hmm, interesting. I've been reading up on Windows 8 recently and just found out that it (and 7, I know I'm behind the times) have touch screen compatability, and monitors now have multi-touch screens. So I'm curious as to how well touch screens work with guild wars, and whether anet has said anything about gw2's functionality on this same topic. Should I be buying myself a new touch screen monitor when I get Windows 8 (or Windows 7 if 8 turns out to be bad in some way)?