PC Gaming News
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17
  1. #11
    Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteranBlogger5000 Experience Points
    Guided Daggers's Avatar
    Server

    Gandara
    Guild

    Salvation of Tyria [SoT]
    Posts

    987
    I wouldn't get Windows 8 for pc, really. It's probably great for a tablet, but I'm not sure about it not needing terrible amounts of resources.

  2. #12
    GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    sorudo's Avatar
    Server

    far shiverpeak
    Guild

    the legendary alterans
    Posts

    10,574
    win XP still works fine with me, get a windows just like XP but DX11 compatible and we can talk.
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

    sorudo.9054

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Guided Daggers View Post
    I wouldn't get Windows 8 for pc, really. It's probably great for a tablet, but I'm not sure about it not needing terrible amounts of resources.
    I find it funny that people are saying not to get an operating system that isn't even out yet, simply because it doesn't require as many resources as past systems. So does that mean switching from Vista to 7 is a bad idea? Yeah right.

    Quote Originally Posted by sorudo View Post
    win XP still works fine with me, get a windows just like XP but DX11 compatible and we can talk.
    XP was a good system back in the day, I guess it does still work too... but it's extended support is up in 2014 so you're going to need to switch eventually. Hopefully Windows 8 will prove to be good enough that XP's loss won't make you mad.

    Me? I'm interested in 8, with the potential for apps, touch screen, XBox 360 games (maybe), and ability to use less resources to do the same amount of work as 7, which handled things much better than Vista... and I'm thinking 8 might become as popular as XP did in the past.

    EDIT: Oh yeah, and I just found out support for Consumer Vista systems ends in April... yep, I'll be needing to switch soon here.

    But seriously, can anyone answer my question on whether guild wars even supports touch screen compatibility? Probably not something many have even thought about, much less tried, but I hope someone knows the answer as I'm quite curious. It should be quite good, I mean it's not like you'd need to give up your mouse and keyboard to use it (on a desktop computer anyway), it would just be another option for control.
    Last edited by djacob; 06-01-2012 at 03:47.

  4. #14
    GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    sorudo's Avatar
    Server

    far shiverpeak
    Guild

    the legendary alterans
    Posts

    10,574
    i have seen MS's idea of win8, they are completely basing it on touchscreen and ripping of apple completely.
    if only they made an actual windows, they did good on XP but only got worse when they started ripping of linux stuff......i personally call it linux vista and linux 7.
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

    sorudo.9054

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by sorudo View Post
    i have seen MS's idea of win8, they are completely basing it on touchscreen and ripping of apple completely.
    if only they made an actual windows, they did good on XP but only got worse when they started ripping of linux stuff......i personally call it linux vista and linux 7.
    No they aren't, what they are doing is showing off the touchscreen. It's been stated that swiping upwards on the start page will take you to a screen that looks exactly like previous OS's start page. I would be surprised if there weren't options to make that the default start page, and ways to get to it without any touchscreen capability. They're just talking about it cause it's relatively new.

    ...this is seriously going off topic of tablet pcs, and gameplay with touchscreens, can we try to focus now?

  6. #16
    Well, I have an Advent Vega and I can play A Kingdom of Keyflings, The Witcher, Driver San Fransisco on it in perfect detail, as well as Batman Arkham City and Dirt 3, how do I play all these? Using Onlive ofcourse!

    http://www.onlive.com/ there is also a UK version now which I had waited for over a year to get my hands on.

    They look great too when I plug my tablet into my 42" lcd TV using the HDMI output.

    Your basically using their hardware and they are streaming a video of the game to you which you control and it works on basically all hardware and there is no downloading of the games in advance, you just play. I have tested my vega with a PS2 controller and well as a 360 controller and keyboard and mouse which all work. Allthough most of the games provide onscreen controls.

    So this to me seems like a perfect solution if GW could get themselves on the Onlive marketplace since Onlive is available on the Android Market for free.

    Any chance of this happening? I can see the benefits of this right away since probably the most annoying part of GWs is how long it takes to download everything before you can even start playing.
    Last edited by fatriff; 07-01-2012 at 09:52.

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by fatriff View Post
    Well, I have an Advent Vega and I can play A Kingdom of Keyflings, The Witcher, Driver San Fransisco on it in perfect detail, as well as Batman Arkham City and Dirt 3, how do I play all these? Using Onlive ofcourse!

    http://www.onlive.com/ there is also a UK version now which I had waited for over a year to get my hands on.

    They look great too when I plug my tablet into my 42" lcd TV using the HDMI output.

    Your basically using their hardware and they are streaming a video of the game to you which you control and it works on basically all hardware and there is no downloading of the games in advance, you just play. I have tested my vega with a PS2 controller and well as a 360 controller and keyboard and mouse which all work. Allthough most of the games provide onscreen controls.

    So this to me seems like a perfect solution if GW could get themselves on the Onlive marketplace since Onlive is available on the Android Market for free.

    Any chance of this happening? I can see the benefits of this right away since probably the most annoying part of GWs is how long it takes to download everything before you can even start playing.
    So backup the main file... It's not that hard.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •