PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Boats in fissure, and other fissure questions :)

i did look but couldnt find the answer so........

whats the deal with the boats in fissure?

everytime im down ther i find my mind wondering away from the fight and i start to imagine why they are there?

from what i can see there is 4/5 boats or gallions and they dont seem to bear any simularitys to any other boats in the game.

was it the invading force of the skeletal/shadow army?

i trawled the whole of gwwiki for the answer but tuned up nothing

also where is the fissur on a grand scale of plains and dimensions?

after playing for 10 months i now find myself looking into the lore of the land and looking at the whys and what fors of the game. keep up the good work guys you have added to my interest and enjoyment of the game 100 fold :)

p.s feel free to hijack this post to put your own fissure questions :)
    Last edited by Klona; 30-05-2006 at 01:30.

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Blade and Rose [BaR]
    If you want to see what that boat would look like before it was wrecked, check out the gallieon moored at Amnoon Oasis in the Crystal Desert.

The wreckage bears a resemblence to the wreckage of the Margonite ships found through out the Desert.

That's not an answer to your question, but it is a little background to help your perspective.
    |||Quintus Antonius Adepphius Philologus Tyrianicus Canthacus Elonacus Durheimus|||

Achievements:
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

BaR; Dii
    I sometimes wonder if Fissure (and UW for that matter) is some kind of reflection of Tyria/Cantha. I plan to, someday, compare pre-searing town outside of Abbey to that town in UW to see if they're somewhat similar in placements of structures and so on.

i've been wondering the same thing there are many pre-searing ascalon structures, and even a set-up caravan around the place, but never knew why, for some reason i never thought to look here...

Actually, this could solve a "gap" in the History of Guild Wars about the Margonites. I always found it bizar there never appeared ghosts from margonites in the Crystal Desert(while there were ghosts from the Elonians). Is it possible that in their way to Ascension something went wrong and that the Margonites ventured into The Fissure Of Woe?

while down the fow all quests are listed as fire island chain
    id put money on the boats being margonite and the skeletal army being the margonites too

Isn't there an NPC on that beach, Admiral.... (something, can't remember his name)?

Quote Originally Posted by Fossa
    Isn't there an NPC on that beach, Admiral.... (something, can't remember his name)?
    Admiral Saidon The Eternal that's his name if I recall correctly. Like the name says he's an Eternal. So that means he is a servant of Balthazar

Possible that the FoW is a Resting Place for Great Hero's, and the Beach with the Ship's is the Place where those hero'es who died on the Sea, the Heroe's Sinks with they Ship and arrived's at the Fow Beach? Possible or not?

Achievements:
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Blade and Rose [BaR]
    Interesting theory on the Margonites, although I don't think they "sailed" into the Fissue. More than likely, if it is the Margonites, it is a reflection of the disaster that wiped them out in the Desert.
    |||Quintus Antonius Adepphius Philologus Tyrianicus Canthacus Elonacus Durheimus|||