PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Call me crazy or agree?

[story]

My mesmer, Celtor Dunough, of the Tyrian Highlands bought a fine set of Enchanters (15K) armor before making the trip to Cantha. Upon arriving in Cantha he wanted to fit in with the locals and bought a fancy schmancy silk outfit (1.5K Canthan). After some travels in Cantha and electing the Kurzick Faction he got some Kurzick Enchanters armor (15K + 180K for the amber) which just felt a little too heavy. Gold is just gold, heh? Upon sending the Shiero back to the underworld he passed on the opportunity to buy the Imperial armor but was still frustrated with the heavy look of the Kurzick armor.

What to do.

That is when he stumbled upon the Ascalon tailor who moved to Cantha and saw a set of clothes that matched the ones he had first worn so long ago. As the memories of beautiful Tyria washed over him he decided that this was the what he wanted to wear. He needed no fancy clothes to announce who he was or what he had done. He commisioned three sets of the armor for different occassions and donated all his other armors to Lyssa.

Memories of a less complicated time.

[/story]

So am I crazy to have thrown away such money when I salvage all those expensive armors and lost three superior vigor runes in the process?

Quote Originally Posted by Cymboric Treewalker
    So am I crazy to have thrown away such money when I salvage all those expensive armors and lost three superior vigor runes in the process?
    No, I don't think you're any crazier than the rest of us who acquire absolutely enormous wardrobes, some outfits we only wear rarely, once, or not at all. Then promptly salvage it to make room for the next set of clothes.

Been there, done that.

However, next time you think of losing a superior vigor, could you please just trade that unsalvaged bit of armor to me? I could do with one.

why diddnt you checked internet before buying any armor? i always look for the nicest armor for a proffesion and then buy one :) ^^

So am I crazy. . .
    No way man. . .

I've met tons of people of peole who have purchased all the armors just for kicks.

If you were discusted with the other armors then by all means get rid of them.

Only if you purchase them a second time would I consider you crazy!

I don't think you're any crazier than the rest of us who acquire absolutely enormous wardrobes
    my point exactly

Calynda:

I did -- I checked it and at the time I got the armor there were no pics of the 15K Kurzick.

Quote Originally Posted by Cymboric Treewalker
    Not at all!! Some of my characters got rid of less or not used armours as well, sometimes even 15k pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by jciardha
    No, I don't think you're any crazier than the rest of us who acquire absolutely enormous wardrobes, some outfits we only wear rarely, once, or not at all.
    OMG people really do that???

I notice the players with ungodly amounts of clothes posted rather quickly

You're definitely not crazy, your sinfully disgustingly rich, but not crazy.

Well I certainly don't think you're crazy. I've deleted two characters with multiple sets of 15k that had well over a million exp each. Time spent, money on armors and customized weapon sets, and both of them would have gotten birthday presents by now too...

I don't really regret deleting them too much... it was the right thing to do at the time and it's just a game after all!
    ~Bella Sera~
    PAL it up!
    No trees were harmed in the sending of this message but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Wink

Rangers might look at you in a puzzled fashion for doing what you have done. Elementalists probably wouldn't understand but not as the Mesmer. It's funny for most of my other characters one or two sets of 15 K are fine but with my Mesmer it's different especially with all the new Canthan sets. I think the mind-set comes with the class, I really dunno

~Xunlai Agent~

There is only 2 classes that I have done this with...
    - My necro and my main mesmer, and both have to many armor sets as it is and I am still saving money and faction farming for amber and jade for more sets. I always regreted trashing my necro starter armor,and now I have a replacement set that i can fight in. With my mesmer she always had her starting armor, so I just replaced that with the high Al version. The good thing is Messmer runes are so cheep