PC Gaming News
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
    Nightfall =/

considering how Factions really did not relate to GWP that much...

we can only hope...

Anyways back to topic

somethings Cornerstone said earlier caught my attention.

Now this sound like the Shiro that should be, Not the Shiro that was shown in the Cinimatics as to why Shiro turned bad. Does the Shiro in the Official Trailer Look like the one in showen in the Cinimatics?
    In my opinion the trailer-Shiro does not contradict the Shiro we know from the Cinimatics of GWF. One can argue that the Shiro in the trailer had glowing red eyes, etc... and is obviously not the "human" Shiro that we know ingame.

However the question that none of us can fully answer is how Shiro became "evil" so to speak. So how can we say that the Trailer, or even the Prima Guide is wrong? Perhaps Shiro did practice forbiddon sorcery in the game...after all, how his sceam turned everything to Jade is still questionable.

Shiro, in the story, just doesnt fit the criteria depicted by every source and its a total contridiction. By the way that thing about the emperor's seer telling him he would be assassinated was somthng i never thought of. But i believe the quotes i gave you fromt he Prima Guide kind of shoots down the thing about shiro turning bad the second he absorbs the emperor's power. Areanet, in a letter they sent me, said that they might change it if they see enough people talking about it.
    Maybe things will clear themselves up if Anet play around with the story line. I hope not though...that's like editing your post in the lore forum b/c you realize you were wrong about something. =(

Shiro = nutter

He aint that bad to begin with but kinda makes the bad guy role when he ya know, kills large groups of people using VOODOOO oooeeeoooo.

I think it's an issue of perspective. We come into Cantha on Togo's side who just so happens to be the emporer's half brother. So we get the story from their side. I think the next time you see Shiro ask him about it before killing him. That's the only way you will ever know he intentions and who is the real bad guy. :)

killerstick, thats mean u propose to have a tea with shiro and talk about his once upon a time b4 killing him. I'm kinda like this idea

Most history that been written is using this template:-
    Winner is always the good guys
    Loser is always the bad guys

In the cinematic, he's the one been killed, so he considered as a loser, so the history said he is a bad guy.
    In other view, Let said that shiro have become an emperor instead been killed, then the story will be different

i just wrote a long post in the elonian lore under the new god heading on just this.

bad guy god + very miffed shiro = lets gather an army and wipe out the world plan.

shiro was an envoy. new god is well.. a god! chances they got together and disscused distroying the world over hot coffee sometime during the 200 years shiro was in the rift doing his envoy job?

just my thoughts

If you read the guidebook, it does help put a lot of this into better perspective, although I think its still not fully satisfying.

Apparently Shiro was never really a "nice" guy.. nor were all of the emperors really nice guys either. Shiro seemed to be someone who enjoyed his work a little too much. He was absolutely ruthless in his methods, but he was effective. An emperor of absolute power might not mind such a fellow.. he was not worried about giving Shiro moral lessons, only that Shiro's methods worked.

The guidebook also mentioned that Shiro was taken to the dark arts, and found himself exceptionally good at them. They came too easily. It says they he took his studies of these far beyond the realm of his profession (assassin).

Lastly, the HUGE piece of information totally absent from the game is that Shiro actually does possess royal blood. He can apparently trace his lineage back to one of the earliest emperor's concubines. In other words, he is a bastard child, or "tainted" royal blood.

The fact that he, on some level, share's the emperor's blood opens up all sorts of interesting avenues for the story. Sadly, not only were none of these avenues explored in the game, but this most basic fact was never conveyed in the game either..

Quote Originally Posted by Longasc
    In the FPE Nika had a rather poor face and haircut. She was much closer to Vizu (hair style, rather bland face) than now.

She finally got the box-art hair style and facial features in the official release. Also I must say for the better, her ancestor looks rather shabby, even as a ghost.

Yeah, people in Vizu's day had a poorer diet.

I find it pretty obvious Shiro was modeled on Macbeth, a noble warrior who was loyal to a fault... until he was convinced by witches that destiny had something else in store for him. And like all tragic prophecies, he ended up causing the very thing he saught to avoid, his death.

That an interesting analogy. I did find the fortune teller kind of seemed shakesperean (sp) to me, but I didn't really think it through all the way. I think there would need to be more supporting elements for me to say that Shiro was modeled after Macbeth. The whole wife/guilt thing is missing entirely, for starters. =P

Quote Originally Posted by bobbank
    Lastly, the HUGE piece of information totally absent from the game is that Shiro actually does possess royal blood. He can apparently trace his lineage back to one of the earliest emperor's concubines. In other words, he is a bastard child, or "tainted" royal blood.

The fact that he, on some level, share's the emperor's blood opens up all sorts of interesting avenues for the story. Sadly, not only were none of these avenues explored in the game, but this most basic fact was never conveyed in the game either..
    That starts making me wonder about that energy Shiro absorbed after killing the Emperor in the cinematic trailer. Could the killing of a blood relative in the harvest temple have triggered an unexpected side effect (from Shiro's perspective)?

Throughout the game, I kept thinking Shiro was really a pawn in all this. Someone had set him up big time 200 years ago, using the fortune teller as a method of control. It seemed to me that someone needed/wanted the emperor killed specifically by Shiro. If Shiro had been taken in by the dark arts, maybe he'd caught the attention of a malevolent being.

What if it was all a failed attempt by the 'dark god' Nightfall is supposedly about to enter our world. Shiro was setup to act as a conduit for that entity, killing the emperor in the temple being the final trigger. After doing that, Shiro was possessed by that god or something that served it. It never made much sense to me that Shiro would kill the emperor out of self-preservation, only to stick around while an army came down on him in retalliation. If he'd been possessed, then the one controlling him might have been testing its newly acquired abilities, or just felt invincible in the face of a bunch of humans.

That turned out to be a miscalculation and he was struck down. Enraged at coming so close, yet failing, that entity unleashed the Jade Wind before it lost its grip on the 'mortal realm'. Or maybe it wasn't a miscalculation, and that being wanted Shiro struck down in order to cause the Jade Wind. Didn't people feel Melandru had abandoned them after the Jade Wind? Maybe it was all part of a larger plot to weaken and/or overthrow the gods?

This doesn't explain Shiro's actions in present day really, unless he was still under the control of that force. I kind of hope he wasn't though... because his plan to become mortal again was really braindead in my opinion. Creating a plague, binding the spirits of heroes and attempting to kill a well liked emperor all to become vulnerable to the continent of people you just angered? That doesn't seem like a well thought out plan.