PC Gaming News
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Blade and Rose [BaR]
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoSaber
    That starts making me wonder about that energy Shiro absorbed after killing the Emperor in the cinematic trailer. Could the killing of a blood relative in the harvest temple have triggered an unexpected side effect (from Shiro's perspective)?

Throughout the game, I kept thinking Shiro was really a pawn in all this. Someone had set him up big time 200 years ago, using the fortune teller as a method of control. It seemed to me that someone needed/wanted the emperor killed specifically by Shiro. If Shiro had been taken in by the dark arts, maybe he'd caught the attention of a malevolent being.

What if it was all a failed attempt by the 'dark god' Nightfall is supposedly about to enter our world. Shiro was setup to act as a conduit for that entity, killing the emperor in the temple being the final trigger. After doing that, Shiro was possessed by that god or something that served it. It never made much sense to me that Shiro would kill the emperor out of self-preservation, only to stick around while an army came down on him in retalliation. If he'd been possessed, then the one controlling him might have been testing its newly acquired abilities, or just felt invincible in the face of a bunch of humans.

That turned out to be a miscalculation and he was struck down. Enraged at coming so close, yet failing, that entity unleashed the Jade Wind before it lost its grip on the 'mortal realm'. Or maybe it wasn't a miscalculation, and that being wanted Shiro struck down in order to cause the Jade Wind. Didn't people feel Melandru had abandoned them after the Jade Wind? Maybe it was all part of a larger plot to weaken and/or overthrow the gods?
    If Shiro was indeed posessed by said "dark god" all that time, this may be true.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoSaber
    This doesn't explain Shiro's actions in present day really, unless he was still under the control of that force. I kind of hope he wasn't though... because his plan to become mortal again was really braindead in my opinion. Creating a plague, binding the spirits of heroes and attempting to kill a well liked emperor all to become vulnerable to the continent of people you just angered? That doesn't seem like a well thought out plan.
    Well the most accepted theory is that Shiro was driven insane by whatever forces were hijacking his mind, soul, and body, as well as the shock of all he went through. If this is true, he may have thought becoming mortal again would be a way for him to escape this. To me, this furthers the fact that Shiro is being driven by a fallen god, such as Dhuum, as came to embody Chaos, and Dhuum is the patron god of the Chaos Army.
    |||Quintus Antonius Adepphius Philologus Tyrianicus Canthacus Elonacus Durheimus|||

I think the Emperor is the key, what was his change of plans? The guard that cleared the temple knew something was up, Shiro knew something was up and clearly it was prophesised. The Emperor was up to no good.

Maybe the Emperor wanted Shiro to kill him?

it would be a surprise to find out that not Dhuum is behind all this. That would lighten my day. this idea with Dhuum being behind all of it seems too logical and to0 straight-forward. dunno imo it seems too obvious..

Quote Originally Posted by windcaller
    it would be a surprise to find out that not Dhuum is behind all this. That would lighten my day. this idea with Dhuum being behind all of it seems too logical and to0 straight-forward. dunno imo it seems too obvious..
    Anet's storylines are usually pretty obvious so..

Achievements:
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

BaR; Dii
    The Emperor, like his brother, is a ritualist. Maybe the spirits told him something or he saw something related to something terrible. He saw that the only way to avert the upcoming disaster (or whatever) was to have Shiro kill him to delay the crisis (even if there are terrible consquences in doing so such as the Jade Wind) because by the time Shiro comes back, there will be heroes around who have the best potentiality to stop Shiro.

Just a spectulation

Achievements:
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Blade and Rose [BaR]
    Or maybe the fortune teller was full of it, and manipulated Shiro just like she wanted.
    |||Quintus Antonius Adepphius Philologus Tyrianicus Canthacus Elonacus Durheimus|||

I am to lazy to read the previous 2 pages so i am just going to say this

Guild Wars won't last forever so when the final guild wars exspansion comes out it might be for people who already have an account cause it will explain all the gaps in the stories and will reveal who was pulling the strings in everything who did everything to make people like Shiro got well nuts and do things like trying to kill everyone or liek what the lich did trying to get an army of titans to take over the world and stuff i think the only way to know for sure is when the final guild wars exspansion comes out
    (and you proably need a character who finsihed 1 entire campaign before otherwise the story will also be messed up).

I also found it ironic that 1 programmer and one artist also showed up on the "voice acting" list

anyway, back one topic it feels like they had a real deep storyline, then half way of writing it the manager said, ok wrap up your story, were selling this thing a months from now

Quote Originally Posted by halfthought View Post
    I also found it ironic that 1 programmer and one artist also showed up on the "voice acting" list

anyway, back one topic it feels like they had a real deep storyline, then half way of writing it the manager said, ok wrap up your story, were selling this thing a months from now
    Yes I get that feeling too everytime I play through Factions. It's as if a truly great story is struggling to free itself from the rather rushed and managled tangle we have now. There's so many questions left un answered.
    Everytime I watch that scene in the temple I feel sorry for Shiro. He was struggling with a poison in his mind. Before he met that old woman he was strong and purposeful and then we watch him crumble. And why does he crumble? They never tell us! Why do the old woman's words effect him so deeply? And why does he keep going back to her?
    So many questions....so little story to go on.
    AKA Fan Tasy.
    Ritualist for hire. Resonable rates. Payment in firewater, hunter's ale, rice wine and any other assorted substances that will make me want to be sick.
    Ohhhh look pretty lights......nooooo a plague of bees descend! Is this how Guild Wars rewards us loyal subjects?

*****SPOILER***************

As we know now Shiro was manipulated as can be found at this thread
    http://forums.gwonline.net/showthread.php?t=428991
    Howeve ri still have afew questions

1.Why was Shiro picked , why wasn't say the Empror targetted by the Fortune Teller
    2. We still don't know whethher SHiro was inherintly evil or driven mad , to listemn and perform his actions

Can i also make a small request and ask the threa dnames to be watched i've had several spoilers just by threa dnames alone , which is a shame