PC Gaming News

Annoying Jade Brotherhood Knights

Anyone think these guys need a nerf??

Not being funny but they're a real pain in the *** to deal with and in my opinion are a wee bit overpowered compared to some of the higher level foes.

PS Why do they always seem to make a beeline for the Necro, normally I play either MM/SS and always have to leg it with 3 or 4 chasing after me and triple chopping from like half the map away, but for a change I was playing my Mes last night and they run right past me and went straight for my Necro friend (shouted out Now do you believe me!!!! as he normally plays a Warrior )

It's a conspiricy against Necromancers I reckon
    Last edited by Spanks; 01-06-2006 at 19:59.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanks
    Anyone think these guys need a nerf??

Not being funny but they're a real pain in the *** to deal with and in my opinion are a wee bit overpowered compared to some of the higher level foes.

PS Why do they always seem to make a beeline for the Necro, normally I play either MM/SS and always have to leg it with 3 or 4 chasing after me and triple chopping from like half the map away, but for a change I was playing my Mes last night and they run right past me and went straight for my Necro friend (shouted out Now do you believe me!!!! as he normally plays a Warrior )

It's a conspiricy against Necromancers I reckon
    my friend..everything is a conspiricy against Necromancers...90% of the time..during missons...(i don't really bother with teams for quest..i just use the henchies) i WILL get attacked even if im furthest away...

lol..in the borilis pass misson..im staying back whille THREE w/mo's are carving up the minotaurs..im well otu of range..and then FIVE minotaurs start coming up to attack ME!..boom! 'ded'..anyways..ill stop rambling now

its not overpowered, they dont need a nerf,they're perfectly killable. They are lvl 23-24 mobs, adjust accordingly

(And, mobs will target lowest HP player, if your HP is below that of henchies because you loaded up on sups, bye bye necro...)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Panda
    its not overpowered, they dont need a nerf,they're perfectly killable. They are lvl 23-24 mobs, adjust accordingly

(And, mobs will target lowest HP player, if your HP is below that of henchies because you loaded up on sups, bye bye necro...)
    I know they're perfectly killable, I've completed the game and found even Shiro wasnt as much as a challenge as one of these guys can be sometimes.

All I'm saying is that they seem a little too smart (unlike our henchies with an "A++" with distinction in Retarded) regarding aggro/pulls as a mob that was totally nowhere near the ones you pulled suddenly turn up and some of the skills from their Level 20 regardless of whether its a Knight,Mage,Rit or Healer seem a bit overpowered compared to our equivalents in terms of damage and cast times.

Stick them in teams in PvP I say, soon get nerfed in the name of "Balance" then
    Last edited by Spanks; 02-06-2006 at 19:42.

Haha pretty sure one of their elementalist bosses dealt 300 damage to my Ritualist in one air spell. XD Jade Brotherhood are tough. I don't know that they need to be downgraded, but I also have an insane amount of trouble with them. It's strange because the Am Fah also in those areas are so much easier. Don't think it's a bug or mistake though...just that Factions is supposed to be harder. And it is.

Most Jade bosses (expecially) Ele's are incredibly powerful. 2 Spells and most of my characters are dead. Even with the best armor + lvl 20.
    Pretty much redicilous though.
    Concidering you need to fight the Jade Bro's when ur like lvl 10 (pretty much everyone is that lvl when they are done on 'Noob Island'.
    On the other hand. The Bosses all got a an Elite skill. The first Elite's in Prophecies is in the Desert, which is a long long way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistress Jakira
    Haha pretty sure one of their elementalist bosses dealt 300 damage to my Ritualist in one air spell. XD Jade Brotherhood are tough. I don't know that they need to be downgraded, but I also have an insane amount of trouble with them. It's strange because the Am Fah also in those areas are so much easier. Don't think it's a bug or mistake though...just that Factions is supposed to be harder. And it is.
    Seems the Jade's main achilles heel (next to the healer) is their Ritualist with his "multicasting" capabilities to give them all "modded" weapons instantly, knock him out first and it reduces them to something along the lines of the Am Fah.

Quote Originally Posted by moenbase
    Most Jade bosses (expecially) Ele's are incredibly powerful. 2 Spells and most of my characters are dead. Even with the best armor + lvl 20.
    Pretty much redicilous though.
    Concidering you need to fight the Jade Bro's when ur like lvl 10 (pretty much everyone is that lvl when they are done on 'Noob Island'.
    On the other hand. The Bosses all got a an Elite skill. The first Elite's in Prophecies is in the Desert, which is a long long way to go.
    Nah, I was pretty close to level 20 when I got off the island. But then, not everyone does a lot of optional quests, and I tend to do all of them. In Factions, these quests are easy and worth thousands apiece, unlike in Prophecies where you had to work for 500. XD Then again, much fewer skill quests in Factions.

I'll try to keep that bit about the Ritualists in mind. They're usually #2 on my to-kill list after the healer (since not only do they cast weapon spells, they resurrect enemies, which can be very annoying even if they only spawn with a little health) but I'll pay special attention and see if I can get anywhere.

Yeah those Jade Bro Knights are nasty especially when they gang up on you. I've found the best way to deal with the mobs is to smash their casters first.

If I'm playing my ranger I take throw dirt and dust trap since they can't hit what they can't see. Also getting a savage or concussion shot on their mage helps stop his casting. While for my assassin, shadow stepping and other skills that let me close on the caster quickly help, as I can sometimes drop him single handed if all my attacks hit. For my ele I use glygh of energy with meteor shower (love a 10 point no exhaustion whammie), combined with close AoE.

In all cases the trick is stopping their casters cold and its a good fight to do that. Of course I wish the henchies were as smart as the mobs but ah well.

I wonder, are the henchies affected by the DP? because when I went to cap Elemental Atunement in the Destroy the Am Fah quest, the monk hench died like 4 times, and when my charecter was killed, she tried to rez me, she was killed in five shots from the Am Fah necro, and the guy didn't even use any skills, just used his wand. That must be like 30-50 dmg/hit.