PC Gaming News

Poll: What do you think about moving spirits?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Why no moving spirits?

OK this puzzles me.. i deleted my rit and re roled him today, and i got to the second trainer.

The sprits when you open the chests are indeed melee spirits. Not to mention they move around dispite the chains.

So why can't ours move? And better yet, why do we not have an up close and personal spirit, i mean it would be overpowered in the least since they only get up to level 8, and even if it did some nice damage, it is easly killable. You can only have one of each spirit so it's not even like a mm.

Bottom line - spirits should be able to move, they float, they dont need legs.
    we should have a melee version of pain, bloodsong, shadowsong, or original people w\e

couple things

1 i dont wanna hear about that spell to move spirits, you move one spirit wow
    2 I'm not crazy

Eh, moving spirits WOULD be overpowered. Spirits can get higher than level 8, they aren't easily killable. ( Say, you have Wanderlust, Shadowsong, Pain, Bloodsong, Dissonance and Disenchament + Painful Bond, Now, what's going to kill your spirits easily? If a single guy comes, he dies in few seconds. )

"Bottom line - spirits should be able to move, they float, they dont need legs."
    Ever saw the chains?
    The chains keep them in this world.

ever see that mission i talked about, it has chains.. it moves.. the chains are just bling and our spirits are lazy, someone give them so god @#$#$ slimfast lol

anyway.. spirits are easy to kill. i slashed like 4 down in seconds on my assassin, i just had to use my secondary to kill shadow song really quickly, then boom dead.

Besides i like to see you cast all of those by the time you have them all ready some will have killed over.

Even if the current ones can't move, why not have melee spirits?

Moving spirits are unneeded. That's the price you pay for having effects that can last for a lot longer than most other skills.

Jarreth Tal.

"anyway.. spirits are easy to kill. i slashed like 4 down in seconds on my assassin, i just had to use my secondary to kill shadow song really quickly, then boom dead. "

Eh.. How are you going to kill any spirits blinded, knocked downed, getting your enchaments stripped, getting interrupted, and then, in few seconds, dead?
    Now, 15-16 in communing, Spirits do 20 armor ignoring damage, Add Painful Bond to that, +15 damage at my current setting. Do you maths, boy.

EDIT : And never heard of Rupture soul and other anti melee spells?

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    You can move spirits yourself. Look into the skill Draw Spirit.

Other than that, no, I don't think they should move.

Quote Originally Posted by nkuvu

Absolutely agree...the effects are very powerful, the ranges are huge, they're immune from hexes, the only drawback is being stationary...I think its worth it, if you don't...you could always play a minion master, or a beast master.

Grumpy
    most spirits, i agree that they should be stationary as it may get over powered. But what about skills like preservation that has small range? It only heals people in it's area. Area is like healing area... it's a reall small circle. If preservation spirit moved, maybe it would have some use other than healing yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenthar
    "anyway.. spirits are easy to kill. i slashed like 4 down in seconds on my assassin, i just had to use my secondary to kill shadow song really quickly, then boom dead. "

Eh.. How are you going to kill any spirits blinded, knocked downed, getting your enchaments stripped, getting interrupted, and then, in few seconds, dead?
    Now, 15-16 in communing, Spirits do 20 armor ignoring damage, Add Painful Bond to that, +15 damage at my current setting. Do you maths, boy.

EDIT : And never heard of Rupture soul and other anti melee spells?
    Yeah thanks i can add, anyway, sometimes spirits are left and the rit is off for better or for worse, which you can hack and slash your heart out.

Quote Originally Posted by nkuvu

What i say

Ok, i admit most spirits deserve to be stationary, like shelter and what not. There are plenty that should move, like preservation like grumpy said.

Also can you say suicidal destruction spirit :)