PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Server

Vabbi
    Guild

Tuskforce Supremacy

Should the 'special pets' be removed in future chapters?

ASSUMPTION BEING HELD FOR THIS THREAD: ANET WILL INTRODUCE THE SAME AMOUNT OF PETS IN FUTURE CHAPTERS - NOT DOUBLE NOT HALF ETC

The vast majority of rangers have Phoenix's or Black Moa's... (Know quite a lot of you use crabs or proph pets but the majority meaning over 50%...)

Back in Prophecies, the preference of pets varied slightly while people waited to get their hands on a spider... but given how hard it was to get the spider, there was a decent mix of pets.

So my question is this.. do you think the 'special pets' are not special at all in that everyone gets them, and so do you think they should be removed?
    Does it matter if theres a variety of pets or if everyone just has the same one?

I'm not including a poll because I wanna hear opinions as opposed to seeing stats, afterall this isn't a petition or anything ;)

Have you thought about this for FIVE seconds lol? I understand what you're saying, but since that's the case the only thing to do is add more pets (special or otherwise). The more options there are to choose from the more varied people's choices will be. The spider was the 'omfg get it pet' in prophs. Now with Factions we have the Spider, Black Moa, and Phoenix (as well as all the regulars). Chapter 3 might bring say a panda and so fourth. ANet did the right thing with Factions and if they continue to do what they are it's only going to get better and better.

I'm still wolf ftw.

Maybe you can cap Urgoz or Kanaxai in Urgoz's Warren or The Deep =D jk

yea, I kinda missed a special "elite" pet like in prophces.
    but factions brought us many types of new pet..and anet did a good job too..
    who would've thought a crab can be a pet =P

While black moas abound, I really haven't seen that many phoenixes. At any rate, the problem will clear itself up as more chapters are released and there's more "special" pets to choose from.

Server

Vabbi
    Guild

Tuskforce Supremacy
    Its not really a 'problem' per se, I was just seeing if people missed having variety of the point where they are willing to sacrifice the novely of having 'special' pets. Not a problem or an issue that needs to be adressed.. just seeing if people are sick of the same damn pets everywhere because people think 'ooh novelty' and make the novelty items generic...

Also, I want monkeys as pets and given we're gonig to africa I better see some >:(
    I will call him Mojo..

monkeys would be nice
    as would lions, rino's, hyena's, ....

and a new special pet: griffon :p or a devourer (joe ftw)

Quote Originally Posted by Loquetus
    monkeys would be nice
    as would lions, rino's, hyena's, ....

and a new special pet: griffon :p or a devourer (joe ftw)
    Hehe, how about a Tengu! Wouldnt 'Talon Silverwing' henchman be pissed at that
    ROFL

If you want my opinion, its all really a question of taste! All pets do the same thing when you attack. The only real main difference among all the pets is the evolution they reach at higher Lvl. Probably also the type of attack but I have no idea if it has an impact on damage.(like the Warthog does Blunt, The Wolf does Slash, etc.)

1 thing I havent found out...What Evolution does the Black Moa have? Noone was able to tell me! Im guessing its 'Elder' but really, thats only a guess.

I never liked the Spider in Prophecies, Any pets i owned on any character were at prefrence to the spider not because i couldnt get one.

I always loved the Moas all of my characters at one point had level 20 moas...My Mezmer let her old friend go in to retirment so that she could have a Black moa...

Personally the *special* pets such as Black Moa/Phoenix i will get on my other non BM/Ranger characters.

The phoenix looks a little awkward mostly- doesnt grow/get bigger so will probbaly be my monks little *show off* pet.

The Black Moa comes with a pre defined evolution - most BMs want to raise their pets from low level so id guess a lot will only have black moas on other non main ranger characters.

As for the rest Tigers/Crab im not really interetsd in them at all I prefer the Prophecies pets Like the Boar/Normal Moa/Stalker etc.

Naru Soulfire

I have spider, he is cool, but personally i would love bear more. The problem with bear is slower attack so bleh, cant use him in pvp which kinda sucks.

No, no 'elite' pet in other chapters. I like the fact that i can pick the pet i want, without too much trouble capping it.

The Black Moa comes with a pre defined evolution - most BMs want to raise their pets from low level so id guess a lot will only have black moas on other non main ranger characters.
    QFT.
    My Necro has a Black Moa. Will she ever take the Moa out in a serious mission? Probably not.

My Ranger has a Dire Wolf - mostly with her.

My Elementalist has a Phoenix - but will I ever take this flapping, annoying skill slot eating bird with her? No.

Do other Rangers only have Black Moas or Phoenix? I have seen some with White Tigers, some with normal Tigers, some with Wolves, one with a Bear. Still, around 70% probably had no pet at all with them.

There are also a lot of people out there with Elder Crabs from Boreas Seabed. There are still many Rangers with Spiders.

While some pets will usually be more popular than others, I think there will never be the danger that 1-3 pets will make 90% of the pet population.

I think many will not even consider Canthan pets as they do not grow at the moment. Main reason why my Warrior is keeping his Melandru's Stalker.

What is all this fuss about Elite pets? Do I have to dye my weapon, my shield, my bow and all my armors black just because all the cool kiddies do, despite the fact that it looks total crap with some armors???

I would like more pets all the time, be they "Elite" or not.