PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Hybrid View

Server

Desolation
    Guild

Blade and Rose, Edit Conflict

Strange stones in The Wilds...

While in The Wilds I have come accross these strage stones... I have also heard they have been found in Bloodstone Fen and even Ascalon prior to the Searing.

Here's a screenshot:

There are quite a few of these in The Wilds, this is the one I could get the best screen of, but there seems to be high Minotaur presence wherever there is one. I'm not sure of the ones in Bloodstone Fen and Ascalon, but if any of you budding explorers can search Ascalon for some ruins of some temple maybe, and can some geographers get the ones in Bloodstone Fen in relative geographc position on a map to the Bloodstone itself? It is my personal belief that these stones maybe a map to the Bloodstones. I need someone to check the entire Fire Island Chain for any sign of a map to the Keystone. If there is, I think we may be able to find a Bloodstone in Ascalon!

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Blade and Rose [BaR]
    This has already been discussed a bit in this thread. However, it was never discussed in depth anywhere, so it may be good to have a dedicated thread to it. I know there are discussions in progress in other threads however, I just don't know all of them off the top of my head.
    |||Quintus Antonius Adepphius Philologus Tyrianicus Canthacus Elonacus Durheimus|||

I don't see how those could be a map,but maybe the symbols on the other stones near it have different symbols? Dunno since I've never seen those stones before.

I always figured they where runestones made by the Druids before they went all Obi Wan Kinobi on everybody...

I knew I kept myself from clearing out my screenshot folder for a reason...

It seems these stones have been dubbed the "Wild Stones" because of the area they are in, but on my travels into the lesser seen areas of the Guild Wars world, I found more of them....same design, different orientation.

Image of the stones here and their location here.

Sorry for the large image size, thats my current Guild Wars size.

These stones actually have no Centaurs around them, just your normal forest baddies, and a few carts that look like a merchant abandoned them....dont know if this helps,

Mularc

Achievements:
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

BaR; Dii
    Thanks, Quintus for pointing me to this thread.

In the Wilds you encounter those mysterious runes while doing the bonus:

You also can find same ones in Reed Bog while doing the quest "Dropping Eaves":

Here's a close up...

Any thoughts? It did occur to me it could be some kind of territory marker for the Magumma Centaurs but the problem is that in the Reed Bog, there's only one centaur and his name is Drogo Greatmane.

One symbol looks like the dragon - Glint? Kunnavang? Ancient dragons? The triangle - Eye of Janthir? Some spirtual symbol representing some form of trinity? Crosshair-like symbol? Beats me. Compass showing north, east, west, south? Some kind of mursaat marker? Or even something to do with the druids?

EDIT: Claims that those stones can be found in other places than Reed Bog and Wilds are not true - my ranger has been all over Magumma and none has been found
    Last edited by Barinthus; 25-03-2007 at 21:22.

Somebody should check the deep areas of Sorrow's Furnace for signs of them. Some of the deeper areas (specifically the area with all the plants and mushrooms) have druidic structures, and if these pillars are druidic as well, there might be one down there.

I don't think it's all that likely, seeing how there are druidic things all over Maguuma and only two areas have the pillars; but it would help to eliminate possible culprits.
    Scott the Green, W/X | Scott the Happy, N/R,Me | Scott the Inept, Me/X | Scott the Farseeing, Rt/N,E | Scott the Hurt, Mo/A
    Scott the Physical, E/Me | Scott the Clumsy, A/E | Scott the Pacifist, D/Mo | Scott the Aimless, R/P | Scott the Quiet, P/N
    Scott the Burdened, mule | Sorka Nordentaller, female mesmer who doesn't match the naming scheme

Achievements:
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

BaR; Dii
    Druidic things? Care to elaborate? thanks!

First symbol looks like a portal symbol to me.
    Dragon would be Rotscale. Judginf from ribs showing and all. Anothe rpossibility could be Rodgort, who also has some marks outside Serenity Temple.
    Third I don' know. Target lock? Or possibly that it's sealed? Or something is sealed.

Could anyone connect the spots where they are on the Tyrian map? See what figure they form...
    There's one in Reed Bog, Talmark Wilderniss (unsure) and The Wilds IIRC.

From what it looks like, it's like they form some sort of Magical seal between Tahlmark, Reed Bog and The Wilds, keeping Rotscale in that area (Majesty's Rest). I mean, Rotscale's a pretty powerful dragon, why stay on that hill?

Quote Originally Posted by Barinthus View Post
    Druidic things? Care to elaborate? thanks!
    It's been a while since I've been down there, but there are resurrection shrines that are identical to some of the ones found around Maguuma. I also remember seeing other things that made me think of druids.

As scientific as that is (), I plan to take a group of henchies down there sometime to scout around. I'll post screenshots of anything I find, as always.
    Scott the Green, W/X | Scott the Happy, N/R,Me | Scott the Inept, Me/X | Scott the Farseeing, Rt/N,E | Scott the Hurt, Mo/A
    Scott the Physical, E/Me | Scott the Clumsy, A/E | Scott the Pacifist, D/Mo | Scott the Aimless, R/P | Scott the Quiet, P/N
    Scott the Burdened, mule | Sorka Nordentaller, female mesmer who doesn't match the naming scheme