PC Gaming News

Backward compatibility GW faction -> GW

I have GW factions installed, can I now install GW after that and move around in both worlds also with my factions Ritualist and Assasin?

GWOnline.Net Member
    Yes, you can. But you can't start Rit and assassin in Tyria.

GWOnline.Net Member
    Yes you can provided you at the GW Prophecies key to your Factions account.

Hum... I may be wrong but I was under the impression that you couldn't add a chapter 1 key to a chapter 2 account...

Anyway I move this thread to the Questions and Answers forum.

Well I didn't try it but I don't see why you couldn't add a Prophecies Key to your current account. Because of the expanding nature of Guild Wars you pretty much have to be able to add a key at any time. I know for a fact that you can add a pre-order key after you have the full retail key installed. So I think it just doesn't matter what order you add the keys in. Arenanet keeps track of what keys are there not what order they were entered in.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie I
    Well I didn't try it but I don't see why you couldn't add a Prophecies Key to your current account. Because of the expanding nature of Guild Wars you pretty much have to be able to add a key at any time. I know for a fact that you can add a pre-order key after you have the full retail key installed. So I think it just doesn't matter what order you add the keys in. Arenanet keeps track of what keys are there not what order they were entered in.
    Yep. Order of entering keys doesn't matter. You can add a chapter 1 key to chapter 2 without problems.

GWOnline.Net Member krispykritter's Avatar
    Also note that you technically don't need to install prophecies to get it to work. All you do is add the prophecies key to the account, then log in and you're good to go. Since the client is the same when you go to a prophecies place it will automatically download everything you need.

Another option is to use the -image command line argument and it will unload all files and decompress them.
    Note: This will take a while to do since there are a lot of files.