PC Gaming News
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    AoE smiter is powerful but so is Ranger toucher. And instead of calling for nerf we can call counters.

Backfire = gg
    Diversion = gg
    Half the mesmer skills = gg
    Desecrate/Defile Enchantments = gg
    Or just attack the smiter--he can't do the chain on himself.

Please don't brutally kill that skill like Ether Renewal which is garbage now.

Quote Originally Posted by calderstrake
    I hereby propose the following adjustment to AoE:

Increase cost from 5 to 10.
    Increase recharge from 5 to 10.
    I think this would be a reasonable change, the duration seems fair to the recharge, but I think it should only be implemented if the skill gets much more obviously over-powered than it is now, or if it's exploitation goes any further. ArenaNET are most likely to listen to you if it starts being implemented into a problem for PvP/GvG. I expect that if the exploitation of this skill doesn't get worse though, it won't be changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Uriah_Heep
    AoE smiter is powerful but so is Ranger toucher. And instead of calling for nerf we can call counters.

Backfire = gg
    Diversion = gg
    Half the mesmer skills = gg
    Desecrate/Defile Enchantments = gg
    Or just attack the smiter--he can't do the chain on himself.

Please don't brutally kill that skill like Ether Renewal which is garbage now.
    None of these account for PvE uses of AoE. MM skills were adjusted and a cap put on minions primarily becuase you could ROLL OVER anything in PvE with 30 minions.

Talking counters does nothing to change the fact that you can have an endless loop of 5E enchantments. This is too powerful for one skill, even an elite.

Nonoe of these account for PvE uses of AoE. MM skills were adjusted and a cap put on minions primarily becuase you could ROLL OVER anything in PvE with 30 minions.

Talking counters does nothing to change the fact that you can have an endless loop of 5E enchantments. This is too powerful for one skill, even an elite.
    Fire nuker destroys everything too in PvE, or SS necro for that matter.
    Plus, monsters flee from ZF.
    Endless loop of 5 energy enchantments is not that bad because 1) it has to be 5 energy and 2) it has to be an enchantment which is enough limitation IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Darknicrofia
    Unless you suggest interrupting 1/4 second casting time spells as something easy, distracting would not do much, the only viable way to shut air smiters is with diversion.
    1/4sec cast, 2sec recharge.

Arcane Langour for the win!

: 5 : 0.25 : 5

Enchantment. For 4..9 seconds, Enchantments cast on target other ally cost 5 less Energy. This is an elite skill.

------------------------------

I expect the naysayers will be the first to post a response here saying I am way out of line. Being that there is no clear, sanctioned way to contact Anet outside of forums like these and my application for Alpha testing is mysteriously on hold...

AoE is clearly overpowered in PvE and PvP. With only a 5E cost, successive casts are rendered free and thus creating an endless loop of free skill usage. This is the EXACT reason why Ether Renewal was adjusted and the same needs to be done here. The other issue is the recharge. The recharge on a skill that allows free casting of other skills should never be less than the maximum possible duration of this skill.

I hereby propose the following adjustment to AoE:

Increase cost from 5 to 10.
    Increase recharge from 5 to 10.

I could write pages and pages of examples of where I (or my team) have/has been able to unfairly destroy players or NPCs due to the exploit of this skill, but I instead encourage other community members to share their thoughts on the topic.

Why exactly are you wanting for this skill to be killed..? In PvP dual smite is easy to kill, if its giving you problems bring Natures Renewal and Tranquility or get a mesmer to bring Signet of Humilty.

But please..stop nerfing skills ffs

Quote Originally Posted by Ingrid Firestarter
    1/4sec cast, 2sec recharge.

Arcane Langour for the win!
    Exactly. As I said a mesmer can render an AoE smiter worthless. Yet, mesmers can render worthless everybody

Come on....
    Obviously many people dont know how air of enchantment works.

Is is aura of faith-like spell, not divine sprits-like spell.
    It means that if there are 8 ppl in your group, you have to cast 7 air of enchantment on 7 other ppl.
    Also, It cant be casted on yourself, so the enchantment casted on yourself cant save 5 en.

It is non-sense to increase its recharge and cost...
    Last edited by noocoo; 12-06-2006 at 03:20.

Quote Originally Posted by Uriah_Heep
    Endless loop of 5 energy enchantments is not that bad because 1) it has to be 5 energy and 2) it has to be an enchantment which is enough limitation IMO.
    What is your proposal for taking down a target that constantly has RoF and Guardian on it? (obviously, responses should NOT include ways of dealing with the caster)

What is your proposal for taking down a target that constantly has RoF and Guardian on it? (obviously, responses should NOT include ways of dealing with the caster)
    Mesmer and Necro hexes. RoF and Guardian will do squat against Conjure Phantasm, Migraine, Power Spike, Wither, Spiteful Spirit and so on. Also Guardian will not prevent a warrior or assassin from squeezing in a condition as it is 50% ish block if I recall correctly. Not to mention all the "cannot be blocked" skills.