PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Heard the most magical words in a pvp match yesterday....

Hi, i have another post on here entitled, "frustrated pvp mesmer". Well i've been practicing with a variation of Pattc's MOR diversion spam build and i'm getting better at it. After a match a touch ranger on the other team typed, "FU *** mesmer". I guess it's these little moments that make playing a mesmer so darn satisfying. Thanks folks for being so helpful esp. Pattcmoi.

And so he deserves it. I hate MJ Rangers with all my heart =)

IGN: Nobleman Azure Me/X [Retired]

Saying PVE is a no brains mode of gameplay doesn't hold water. There are parts here and there where you have to be tactically alert.
    To a point where its more "thinking" than copying metagame builds.

hahaha yea those touch rangers are so populair these days that making a diversion spammer or just having diversion with you very satisfying :D

just like being an ineptitude-clumsiness mesmer when the assasins were so populair xD

Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteran6 months registered5000 Experience Points
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    I had something like that happen yesterday. I was a diversionator and in the end, the ranger (poisoner) at the end said " i couldve killed you if my skills didn't take too long to recharge". he was probably new since he kept using skills even after diversion was on him clearly and he kept on using his skills. (i also learned that 16 FC makes 3 second casts basically instant

Quote Originally Posted by COLDshiver
    I had something like that happen yesterday. I was a diversionator and in the end, the ranger (poisoner) at the end said " i couldve killed you if my skills didn't take too long to recharge". he was probably new since he kept using skills even after diversion was on him clearly and he kept on using his skills. (i also learned that 16 FC makes 3 second casts basically instant
    16 FC on 3 sec cast = 1.5 sec cast. While far from basically instant, it is still a very helpful buff. Maybe you got the 20% fast cast to trigger, reducing it to 0.75 sec and seemed all but instant.

MoRecovery-Diversion is extremely strong, and possibly going to get nerfed one way or another once it catches on in top guilds for GvG. I watched a lot of Mesmers there and didn't see one yet running MoR (likely there is some that i just didn't see!)

And ya, anyone that insults you as a Mesmer in PvP is just magical words. It's nearly better to see someone insult you than someone congratulating you =p

As i said, Recovery will prolly get nerfed to 25sec

NOOOOOOOOO, they cant do that. I..I wont allow it! A very useful stance nerfed, it cant happen, NOOOOOOOOO.

Anyway, cussing off Mesmers is like being called a hacker; they are complimenting you on how great you are. And Touch Rangers are the most *****iest classes to face because they think they are invincible. Their high egos are unpenetrable, dont even fight them after you already schooled them, just put them on your ignore list and relax.
    Last edited by Tsume; 15-06-2006 at 20:32. Reason: wordfilter bypass

I've always felt that a good sign of you being a good PvP mesmer is your opponents cursing at you over local chat, or just complaining about bugs/hacks.

Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteran6 months registered5000 Experience Points
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    I guess i was lucky? maybe. Do you know how long a cast has to be minimum to have the skill casting bar to show up? (the one in the middle of the screen). If 1.5 seconds doesn't make it show up, then it probably wasn't really 'instant' but I consider that when you have no casting bar showing, it's really fast. If it should show up, then i must be lucky, lol.

Teelana
    LoL! I just got the insulting pm myself. It was during the Fort Aspenwood battle. A touch ranger was running through trying to take out the npc's. I just very kindly kept walking up to him and shutting him down and crippling him. He didn't like it. Pm'd me and said "why don't you attack someone else? You're playing cheap!". I replied "because I love you and all touch rangers". I hope to encounter more soon, they're a blast!