PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hundred Blades Ranger Build

This build is a new one and i'm gona try it out right after this post so tell me if you think it might work.

15 expertise
    11-12 swordsmanship
    6 wilderness survival
    the rest in beast mastery

Skills:
    1 Troll Uguent
    2 Tigers Fury
    3 apply poison
    4 hundred blades
    5 savage slash
    6 Riposte
    7 Deadly Riposte
    8 Res Sig

With expertise so high up hundred baldes costs two energy thus with apply poison on you can spread poison to a foe and adjacent foes for only two energy. The riposte skills and troll unguent are for healing and defense, Tigers fury will speed up your attack so you do more damage and savage slash will allow you to own the enemy casters.

erm, riposte and deadly riposte are both Tactics skills, sure they block 1 melee attack but i think it's a little wasted. Better to swap at least 1 out for Throw Dust.

There No Reason To Put Expertise That High. HB Cost 5 Energy, With Expertise At 13 It Will Cost 2 Energy. 13 Is The Cutoff For 5 Energy Skills. Plus your using no expertise skills which is suprising.
    Last edited by FANTHOM; 16-06-2006 at 20:05.

Thx For the advice on the expertise and throw dirt i tried the build again with those to skills and won 7 consecutive in RA thanx a ton if u got anymor suggestions let me know

You could also slap on final thrust, since your not using any adrenaline. Hundred blade builds adren fast, and final thrust dishes out some nice spike dmg when have them below 1/2 hp.

Very interesting build. I like it.

Wonderful, I was kinda looking for a good sword ranger build as I dont know anything about warrior skills. a few tweaks and this build works great. thanks for the post!

So, any suggestions for the final build?

Is Hundred Blades really worth it?

Anyone else try this?
    ULGG Officer
    IGNs: Zala Kimbazi (Mesmer), Kiith Arts (Ranger), Reticent Druhn (Ritualist)
    Currently, "Wingspan > thread" has 4 votes. Agree with WiNG? Use the quote!
    Watch my video if you enjoy laughing! || Play this build if you are 1337

You gotta cap Hundred Blades, first. :-P It's only available at the very last mission in Prophecies. I don't think it's available in Cantha, but I'm not sure.
    Hahnsoo's Collectors Guide (ver 0.13) and Ranger Guide (ver 0.60), updated for Factions
    Old Guides (Prophecies only): Mesmer Guide, Skills Guide
    "Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." -G. K. Chesterton

Server

Vabbi
    Guild

Tuskforce Supremacy
    Its a core skill, I believe you get it off the Warrior Construct boss... I'm pretty sure