Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
    Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Gunnar's Hold
    Guild

[LLS] [OX] [GRIF]
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman5415
    Then why did EvIL win $50,000 and not me?
    By practicing until their reactions became automatic ... That's not skill, just practice

Quote Originally Posted by fizzie jiggs
    /confused. can someone explane to me what this has to do with the thread. or even a remote link to the original purpose of the thread? lol ok back on subject. i really dont understand this nerf. it doesnt affect many people so its not THAT big a deal, but still, arent there more important issues that need resolving?
    Now that they are retricted to level 16 fiends, as they may no longer gain levels, minion masters are useless.

Quote Originally Posted by xXBinaryXx
    Nor PvP come to that. Lets face it; its basically only about getting a set of decent skills in a bar and using "C + space" and clicking a mouse button a few times.

Anyone who says that any of these type games is "skillful" is deluded
    Please procure even a 1:1 win/loss ratio after 25 games of that in GvG. Please do. Or, alternatively, take the HoH, and hold it for... Two rounds with that plan.

On the other hand, I'm fairly convinced that I can get a much higher success rate by playing with henchmen in 90% of the PvE areas.

Edit: Apologies for double post.

By practicing until their reactions became automatic ... That's not skill, just practice
    If you think championship games are decided by automatic reactions, then you've either:

A) Never observed one.

B) Don't know what you are talking about.
    Last edited by MasterNightfall; 19-06-2006 at 00:58.

Quote Originally Posted by DKS
    There IS no "legitmate" way. The highest level enemy in pre is I believe lvl 10 or 11, for the charr bosses north of the wall. And once a character is 6 levels or more higher than an enemy, they get 0 experience for killing it. So, at most, you could get to lvl 17. To get any higher, you HAVE to have leveled the enemies, which means letting them kill you over and over.

My issue isn't with getting killing by the enemies over and over to raise their level. It's the WAY it was done that is an exploit. Luring monsters to a rez station and letting it happen automatically, even if the player is away from the computer, is an exploit.

It may be that there was no other easy way to stop this exploit except to stop monsters from leveling up, but I am confident the REASON for the patch is the abusive way it was being used. So it's the player's fault it's been taken away.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinkytoy
    My issue isn't with getting killing by the enemies over and over to raise their level. It's the WAY it was done that is an exploit. Luring monsters to a rez station and letting it happen automatically, even if the player is away from the computer, is an exploit.
    So, in the various "Defend X from Y" missions, parking your henchmen there, and going to get a sandwitch while they steamroll all of the afflicted is an exploit, too?

So luring monster is an exploit? But letting the monster kill you repeatly and it levels, isnt? Could you tell me what "way" I could do it so it's not an "exploit"?

I really dont think this is an "exploit" but its probably not what the game makers intended, usually when the word exploit it involves something like the time that somehow ( ihave no idea how or how many peopel did this) People could bring high level weapons into pre searing. That was an exploit

12v8 gvg is an exploit

Passing urns through the gate in hoh was in exploit

i dont think this is an exploit

My issue isn't with getting by the enemies over and over to raise their level. It's the WAY it was done that is an exploit. Luring monsters to a rez station and letting it happen automatically, even if the player is away from the computer, is an exploit.
    would you also say me being a warrior click on an enemy and sit back as i build up my adrenaline skills an exploit?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterNightfall
    Now that they are retricted to level 16 fiends, as they may no longer gain levels, minion masters are useless.
    ahh. now i understand thanks nightfall.

The OP basically said why he didn't want it nerfed and wanted it back the way it was. BRAGGING rights. Braggarts don't need anything fixed for them. Things should always go against braggarts and elitists in every respect when it comes to modifying the game. So, more and more people can be equal and not have to listen to braggarts or elitists. On the other hand I got 100k for 10 amber when Factions first came out. <grin>

Quote Originally Posted by Master Knightfall
    The OP basically said why he didn't want it nerfed and wanted it back the way it was. BRAGGING rights. Braggarts don't need anything fixed for them. Things should always go against braggarts and elitists in every respect when it comes to modifying the game. So, more and more people can be equal and not have to listen to braggarts or elitists. On the other hand I got 100k for 10 amber when Factions first came out. <grin>
    Yeah, might as well in that case, get rid of 15K, Fissure, Kurzik, Luxon armours, anythign but the collector's skins, titles, and have everybody look like hobos wielding their Trash Can Lid (Req 9 tactics, +16 armour) and Broken Golf Club (Req 9 sword, 15-22 damage 15%^50).