PC Gaming News
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
    Quote Originally Posted by CyanBoy
    This might be a stupid question, but i couldn't find it while searching.
    The highest lvl you can get in Pre-Sear NOW is 16, right? What do you have to kill to get that high? Please dont tell me that boss...
    Please answer, i find this to be the best topic to ask in.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Pwn Your Mother
    I agree that allowing them to level again would be fine, though it does seem odd for even Anet to do this. Maybe people going for survivor complained when they had to fight a level 20 in the PvP thing?
    Correct me if I'm wrong but there is 2 thing incorrect about this.

1. You can't go for your surviver title and do the trick the OP is talking about, because you have to die so the monsters will level up.
    2. If you lvl 20 you can't fight in the PvP arena in ascalon. It is capped at lvl 20. If your talking about that 1 match when you go to post, I hardly think thats anythign to worry about.

My guess as to why the 'amended' <-gailism, is because people were using henches to level the monsters. Thats only a guess though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinkytoy
    Neither does much of PVP, especially the half of people that are losing, takes no skill at all. ;)
    Good point. Winning PvE at least requires more skill than losing PvP.

Uh that's quite a harsh nerf...

Quote Originally Posted by CyanBoy
    Please answer, i find this to be the best topic to ask in.
    You don't gain experience from foes if you are 6 or more levels higher than them. So if the highest level Charr "over the wall" is level 10 then you would have to kill that over and over and over again now just to hit level 16. Like someone mentioned you could save your quest xp and use it all up at that point to help in the leveling.

Short Answer: Yes, you have to kill the charr bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by zamyle
    Correct me if I'm wrong but there is 2 thing incorrect about this.

1. You can't go for your surviver title and do the trick the OP is talking about, because you have to die so the monsters will level up.
    2. If you lvl 20 you can't fight in the PvP arena in ascalon. It is capped at lvl 20. If your talking about that 1 match when you go to post, I hardly think thats anythign to worry about.

My guess as to why the 'amended' <-gailism, is because people were using henches to level the monsters. Thats only a guess though.
    I believe that poster is talking about a high level person crossing over to post. So if someone does eventually cross over (and they do occasionally) there will be a level 15 - 20 character fighting a group of level 4 - 8 characters. This is only one fight but they would really dominate.
    Last edited by Fyre Brand; 21-06-2006 at 18:28.

The only reason that us high levels cross over is when we get bored or have acheived a set goal and want to bring our stuff to post storage before we delete them and start over. I for one have several trustworthy friends to help transfer items to another character that I will bring to post instead of bringing my high level to post.
    And if someone yells in all chat before or during that one battle that they're going for survivor title, I personally wouldn't kill them, it's a hard enough title to get in Tyria.