PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Unimportant for Most of you. Presearing nerf

But why did they nerf Presearing? There is absolutely no reason for it.
    What I'm talking about is the Creatures Level is now locked, they can no longer level up off you when you die. I know this only affects about 50 people but it's one of those time honored achievements to see if you can get to level 20 in pre.
    For those of us that have a permanent Presearing character it is a little of a downer, it was something that kept us entertained for hours at a time.
    We have no reason to bring a level 20 from presearing to post as we most likely have that same character already in post.
    I don't understand the reasoning of this, there is no arena in pre, no expert salvage kits(besides the glitched ones), anyone over 16 is most likely going to stay in pre anyway and when it get's too old, delete and start over. They nerfed the bears, we can still get them, but now we're stuck at 16 and those with 20's or in between are stuck and have bragging rights... :(
    Farming pre isn't all that lucrative, we're not hurting anyone/thing by being high level in pre. It's just like having a guildie help you at level 2 in post searing ascalon with some quests. We provide a valuable service in pre, helping new players get acquainted with locations and information and form long lasting friendships with other people, something that is very hard to do in post.

Please Anet reverse this change or put some high level creatures in pre or expert salvage kits or an arena or something for us please please please :)

Please don't turn this into a flame thread or get a life thread. Most of us long time pre character keepers have multiple accounts and many post searing characters/factions characters as well, we just stay in pre because it's fun and the community aspect is much larger.

Man, that must really suck, man. Is this a global change?

Another MM nerf? This stinks, how can I MM properly when I can't level my fiends?

I agree that allowing them to level again would be fine, though it does seem odd for even Anet to do this. Maybe people going for survivor complained when they had to fight a level 20 in the PvP thing?

How did you get MM nerf out of this, they still level...
    And like I said those of us who have high level characters don't go post with them.

That's not a nerf to Pre Searing

Quote Originally Posted by Glacius Cool
    But why did they nerf Presearing? There is absolutely no reason for it.
    What I'm talking about is the Creatures Level is now locked, they can no longer level up off you when you die. I know this only affects about 50 people but it's one of those time honored achievements to see if you can get to level 20 in pre.
    So...They did a major change on how the entire game (the two games, in fact) work...And you call that a nerf to Pre Searing?

You could level the enemies in places other than there. The change has affected all of the enemies in both Cantha and Tyria, not only those in Pre Searing.

So it wasn't a "nerf to Pre Searing" - it was a global change. You have felt it in Pre because that's where you used it, not because that was the only thing changed (or because it were the reason for the change, who knows).

(Besides, wasn't it already impossible to reach level 20 in Pre Searing, since you couldn't pull the enemies all the way to the ressurrection shrine anymore?)

Erasculio

Ummm... Creature Level? I'm totally confused...

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Pwn Your Mother
    I agree that allowing them to level again would be fine, though it does seem odd for even Anet to do this. Maybe people going for survivor complained when they had to fight a level 20 in the PvP thing?
    Just F12 out.

There are 3 places to level creatures in pre, you can pull charr hunters back to the shrine and have them kill off the npc's there, you can level moss spiders and striders outside of barradins estate, or you could level a strider or two outside of ashford abbey.

But the question is why this global change happened, I mean why waste your time leveling a creature in post searing... you can level faster with quests there.

Are there any pvp arenas that you can battle npc's long enough to actually level them up if you suck that bad?
    Last edited by Glacius Cool; 18-06-2006 at 05:35.

Quote Originally Posted by Glacius Cool
    How did you get MM nerf out of this, they still level...
    And like I said those of us who have high level characters don't go post with them.
    Are you sure about that? They may have just prevented creatures from levelling, rather than making players no longer give a level.

If it's just players giving no XP, then could you use a pet to level the enemies instead?