PC Gaming News

Can someone try this out fo rme?

I don't have temple strike yet and I'd really like to see what kind of damage this can do so if anyone could try it out for me I'd greatly appreicate it.

Golden lotus strike
    Temple strike
    Horns of the ox
    falling spider
    blades of steel
    Way of the fox
    *self heal*
    *whatever else*

I just need to know if the energy cost is too much or if it doesn't do enough damage to be viable. Oh and I run gloves and feet that are shrouded shing jea and I have zealous on my daggers, so please take this into account.

I don't have to test it to tell you that it will do fantastic damage... every 30 seconds. Relying on Temple Strike (with 25 second recharge and 15 energy cost) as your offhand will limit the rest of your combo.

Well it's more or less for taking out that pesky healer or ele, which more or less get screwed by daze. Also I could add in GPS, but I really want to keep that last spot open for cont of purity. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by Mayce of Singlestar; 18-06-2006 at 23:02.

Doesn't look good

Quote Originally Posted by Mayce of Singlestar
    Golden lotus strike
    Temple strike
    Horns of the ox
    falling spider
    blades of steel
    Way of the fox
    *self heal*
    *whatever else*
    That's a bad combo, IMO. Pointing all the skills...

Golden Lotus Strike - (Lead Attack) If it hits, this attack strikes for +(5..17 []) damage. If you are under the effects of an Enchantment, you gain 3..9 [10] Energy.
    Cost: 5
    Recharge: 15 sec

Temple Strike ELITE - (Off-Hand Attack) Must follow a lead attack. If this attack hits, target foe is Dazed and Blinded for 1..7 [8] seconds, and if target foe is casting a Spell, that foe is interrupted.
    Cost: 15
    Recharge: 25 sec

Horns of the Ox - (Dual Attack) Must follow an off-hand attack. If it hits, Horns of the Ox strikes for +(15..27 []) damage. If struck foe is not adjacent to any allies, that foe is knocked down.
    Recharge: 12 sec

Falling Spider - (Off-Hand Attack) Must strike a knocked-down foe. If it hits, Falling Spider strikes for +(15..31 []) damage and target foe is Poisoned for 5..17 [21] seconds.
    Recharge: 8 sec

Blades of Steel - (Dual Attack) Must follow an off-hand attack. If it hits, this attack strikes for +(5..12 []) damage (maximum bonus 50) for each recharging dagger attack. Updated: 4/27/06
    Recharge: 20 sec

Way of the Fox - (Enchantment Spell) For 10..30 [37] seconds, your next 1..5 [6] attacks cannot be "Blocked" or "Evaded."
    Casting time: 0.25 sec
    Recharge: 45 sec

You don't have a sustained enchantment to use GLS with. Unless you don't attack, Way of the Fox doesn't last long enough to use GLS more than once, and if you use it as your combo opener (not that you have any choice) with Way of the Fox, you would get more energy when you're already full.

Your combo relies on GLS and Temple Strike - without those, all your other dagger attacks become useless (and, as mentioned above, Temple Strike has a very long recharge). Falling Spider doesn't have any certain knock down, only the conditional one given by Horns of the Ox, and if that condition isn't met your second off hand and second dual attack won't work.

There are better Lead Attacks to use in that combination, there are better enchantments to trigger GLS, there are better ways to deal with energy, there could be a second combo trigger to avoid having to wait for Temple Strike's cooldown (or just something to make it recharge faster), there could be a more reliable way to open your second off hand, etc...

Erasculio

Meh thanks for the post, don't worry about it anymore though, I've fond that twisting is really the key to any spike.