PC Gaming News
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonLa
    Anyone know if there are dire lurkers that can be tamed? or if its even all that big of a deal over the elder one that can be gotten. I know at least one of the tigers can be tamed as dire but I don't recall where it was. Some of the other pets as well from cantha may have tameable dire too. I'm just experimenting with the pets right now so this is mainly why I'm wondering.
    It appears that this thread is in a part of the forum nobody reads. Since my question hasn't been answered. And also since i know that several of the canthan pets have dire and elder version not listed on the thread. This leads me to believe that it might be possible to tame dire and elder versions of the others as well.

Perhaps this thread should be mirrored or something so that people can help contribute new information not listed or missing.

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Blade and Rose [BaR]
    Unfortunantely, Jason, most people only read the information, and never the questions. I'd have answered your question, but I just don't know. The Index isn't perfect, but it is the most complete one created to date. If you find out the answer to your question, please let the rest of us know.
    |||Quintus Antonius Adepphius Philologus Tyrianicus Canthacus Elonacus Durheimus|||

Quote Originally Posted by Quintus Antonius
    Cantha

Name: Crane
    Region(s): Shing Jea Island, Pngmei Valley, Kaineng City
    Location(s):
    Shing Jea Island- Haiju Lagoon;
    Pongmei Valley- Pongmei Valley;
    Kaineng City- Nahpui Quarter (explorable)
    Level(s): 3, 15
    Damage Type: Slashing
    Note(s): Level 15 elder cranes are available in Pongmei Valley and Nahpui Quarter (explorable), but are difficult to tame because enemies usually charm them first.

Information credit: Blazing Liger, Zaxares
    Picture credit: Blazing Liger
    They can also be tamed in Zen Daijun, both the mission and explorable area.

You have the damage type of the Black Moa listed as Slashing while the Moas as Piercing. Is this an error on your part or on the Devs?

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Blade and Rose [BaR]
    Actually, it's an error on the part of the reader, because the both the normal and the Black Moa's damage is listed as slashing, not piercing, and it never was.
    |||Quintus Antonius Adepphius Philologus Tyrianicus Canthacus Elonacus Durheimus|||

Sorry. Not having a main ranger character, the topic of pets don't interest me that often.

As to your question about Dire Crabs, I've heard that it's possible to charm one of the level 20 crabs that appears right at the start of the Boreas Seabed mission (along with the Crab clan), but I've never actually tried this, so take this suggestion with a grain of salt.

I have charmed the Crabs at the start of Boreas Seabed, and they are level 20 Elder Crabs, no doubt about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Quintus Antonius
    Actually, it's an error on the part of the reader, because the both the normal and the Black Moa's damage is listed as slashing, not piercing, and it never was.
    Well he was half right. Striders are listed as piercing while moas and black moas are slashing. I find this odd since striders are just really really tall moas.

Opps. Nietzsche is correct. Ive mistaked the two. Well, I prefer Slashing because some Necromancers have armor vs Piercing. It is strange that it was made that way. Striders, Moas, Black Moas and Cranes should all have piercing.

I'm not sure I like having a lurker even if it was dire. Its basically not visable from range and makes it hard to see what its doing. I think I'll aim for a dire tiger/white tiger. I'll have to locate where I saw them exactly and then post here.