PC Gaming News
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Blade and Rose [BaR]
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonLa
    I can make the article for it if you want.
    Yes, if you would like to do that, I would be most pleased. Make sure when converting the data that you include your name with credit to the WikiArticle compliation.
    |||Quintus Antonius Adepphius Philologus Tyrianicus Canthacus Elonacus Durheimus|||

Achievements:
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Blade and Rose [BaR]
    Looks great, good job Jason. However, it appears you or someone else have added notes to the pages which are not accurate, confirmed, or official.

EDIT: It also looks like some extra names were tacked onto photo and information credits for people who contributed neither.
    |||Quintus Antonius Adepphius Philologus Tyrianicus Canthacus Elonacus Durheimus|||

I added a couple from my experience of trying to tame the lvl 15 tigers. Some where notes were listed parenthitically next to the location I moved to the notes and worded them to sentance form. I can alter specifics if you want to let me know how to change them if your not comfortable with editing wiki.

Achievements:
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Blade and Rose [BaR]
    Well, remember, this was a community project. Most of the information there was agreed upon and backed by several people until we had a general consensus, more or less. I don't think it is appropiate for someone to just add in information as they see fit.

I may edit it for grammar and usage, and fix some spelling and punctuation mistakes. The guide isn't meant to be a "Tips and Tricks" for catching pets. It's solely an informative piece of literature. Most of the information added is instructions on how to catch pets, which is not the purpose of the guide.

Please forgive me if I seem somewhat ungrateful. I do appreciate that you took time from your day to do all that and were willing to help us. I just hope you understand what I'm saying. It's like an author sending a book to a publisher and the publisher adding information. I will probably leave in most of what you added. Like I said, I'm just going to edit some of the spelling and grammar.

I cross referenced this pet guide with the information in other pet guides that actually have research (rather than random fan forum guides that take information from the mouth of the Prima Guide and such).

The most glaring thing to me is that Warthogs under testing do not do blunt damage.

Here is a link to an ongoing discussion on the topic. Im too tired to remember the goodlink badlink rules so remove it if necessary.

Achievements:
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Blade and Rose [BaR]
    Within the Lore Forum, offlinking is allowed so long as it is for research purposes and not to promote another site.

Quote Originally Posted by Quintus Antonius
    Well, remember, this was a community project. Most of the information there was agreed upon and backed by several people until we had a general consensus, more or less. I don't think it is appropiate for someone to just add in information as they see fit.

I may edit it for grammar and usage, and fix some spelling and punctuation mistakes. The guide isn't meant to be a "Tips and Tricks" for catching pets. It's solely an informative piece of literature. Most of the information added is instructions on how to catch pets, which is not the purpose of the guide.

Please forgive me if I seem somewhat ungrateful. I do appreciate that you took time from your day to do all that and were willing to help us. I just hope you understand what I'm saying. It's like an author sending a book to a publisher and the publisher adding information. I will probably leave in most of what you added. Like I said, I'm just going to edit some of the spelling and grammar.
    Totally understand. I misunderstood the point of the guide. Perhaps a 2nd segment for tips at the bottom of the page to keep the itegrity of the work that was from the thread. Other than that all the information was kept as is just the couple parenthetical parts moved to the notes for visual arrangement of the tables. I respect your work as well and would not want me transferring it to the wiki part of the site to alter it from the vision put forth for it.

I altered the article to add a tips and tricks section with a note at the top for it. Let me know what you think on that. I'm also double checking it to the thread again to make sure I didn't error on the trasferance of the information.

Why does it saythat the Warthog does blunt damage? It's been thoroughly tested by myself and Jenosavel, and it does slashing - unless some recent update changed it.

Achievements:
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Blade and Rose [BaR]
    It's possible we were misinformed. If there is an error, please tell us here, and it will be fixed in the next edition.