PC Gaming News

Thread: Vizunah Square

Hybrid View

Vizunah Square

I was helping ym firend with a quest and he ended up going to Vizunah Square but it wouldn't let me throught the gate, I thought that I had all the areas on the map, so I pulled up the map and sure enough Vizunah square was on my map. So I maped to it and looked for my friends but he wasn't there and we were both in the same channel. Anyways we found out that one is Vizunah Square (Local Quareter) and the other is Vizunah square (Foreign Quarter). Why is this happening why can't I get to the local quarter and why can't he get to the foriegn quarter? The only thing I can think of is that I am currently out side of the states, but that doesn't make since that it would change my map when i leave the states does it? On the map I am looking at I dont eve see the foreign quarter.

Oh I thought of one other thig it could be could it be cantian vs tyrian?

Local Quarter is for Cantha born characters (Factions campaign), and Foreign is for Tyria born characters (Prophecies campaign).

The two cannot visit the same Quarter, annoying I know. I wonder what the reasoning behind it is.

yep, initally, Canthan born chars only have access to Local, and Tyrian Born have access to Foreign, however, once you complete that mission at any level, you will be able to gain access to the other quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Kay Four
    yep, initally, Canthan born chars only have access to Local, and Tyrian Born have access to Foreign, however, once you complete that mission at any level, you will be able to gain access to the other quarter.
    How does one go about this? I tried getting into Local with a Tyrian character who had completed the game, but the guard wouldn't let me in. The guard told me to talk to a headmaster at the docks outside the Marketplace, but that NPC didn't have anything for me.

I don't think Tyrians can enter the Local quarter. but Canthans can enter the foreign one. I know the latter part because my ritualist has already went to the foreign quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by JSSheridan
    How does one go about this? I tried getting into Local with a Tyrian character who had completed the game, but the guard wouldn't let me in. The guard told me to talk to a headmaster at the docks outside the Marketplace, but that NPC didn't have anything for me.
    hmm, looking at the post above, an update may have changed access for a Tyrian Born char NOT to get to Local Quarter. I'm pretty certain that a Canthan Born char still has access to both quarters as I only recently redone it with a new character.

GWOnline.Net Member
    Local is for Canthans (Local being people in Cantha)
    Foreign is for Tyrians (Foreign being people from Tyria or from future Chapters)

There was a bug where people could get into both but I think it's gone now (Canthans may still be able to go to Foreign though, Im very unsure about this as we had a small unresolved talk about it in this forum)

Oh ok that makes since thank you I guess my friend will have to beat it on his own then. I thought maybe since I was on a buessness trip out side teh country or something it changed.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingbunnys
    Oh ok that makes since thank you I guess my friend will have to beat it on his own then. I thought maybe since I was on a buessness trip out side teh country or something it changed.
    if you still want to help him, you could try timing when you enter the mission.
    basically, because it's a co-op mission, if both of you are team leaders, whisper each other, and try to hit "Enter Mission" at the same time. You might be able to join the mission, at each end, ie Foreign > Protect Mhenlo, and Local > Protect Togo. That way, you will be fighting alongside each other when Togo and Mhenlo meet up.