PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1

    Can Health Degen Stack?

    Hello,

    Would I get a -13 when I cast these two on a enemy?

    a) Conjure Nightmare
    Illusion Magic
    Description: For 2..12..15 seconds, target foe suffers -8
    Health Degeneration.

    b) Conjure Phantasm
    Illusion Magic
    Description: For 2..12..15 seconds, target foe
    experiences -5 Health degeneration.

    Thanks,

  2. #2
    Yes, degen stacks, but the effective degen maxes at 10. Degen over 10 can be used to counter regen.

    So lets say you cast both these skills on an enemy. The enemy will suffer -10 degen. If they then cast a +6 regen healing breeze on themselves, they will still be suffering 7 degen (13-6=7).
    ~Bella Sera~
    PAL it up!
    No trees were harmed in the sending of this message but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

  3. #3
    The Cap for health/energy degen/regen is 10 pips. You would get a max of 10 pips degen.. BUT... if someone put something like I guess mending @ +3 pips.... you would still get 10 pips of degen... I hope that explains it good enuff.

  4. #4
    Yes, but keeping in mind degen caps at 10 pips either way, so they would only experience -10 if they had no other health regeneration on them. If however you put that combo on a warrior with mending (+3 pips usually) They would still experiance a -10 degeneration. If however they cast healing breeze on themself with a +6 regen, then they would only experience a -4 health degeneration.

    *edit*: I posted so slowly because I was watching Brazil vs Ghana >.>

    ♥♪愛你變成恨你♪♥
    Kitty Go Rawr: R20 | Elemental Emily: E20
    Kyrie Elesion: Mo20 | Wah Liao: W20
    Kurenai Daisuke: A20 | Pi Ying Xi: N20
    Reap Those Crops D12 | Miss Nagato Yuki P10
    ♥涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱♥

  5. #5
    Thanks everyone. I got my answer or answer(s). Please close this topic. Thanks again.

  6. #6
    just a little advice: deep wound will actually make degen faster, so -10 degen on a target with deep wound will be as effective as something about -13/14 i guess, keep that in mind, especially that there are ways to apply deep wound for mesmers

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by bellissima
    Yes, degen stacks, but the effective degen maxes at 10. Degen over 10 can be used to counter regen.

    So lets say you cast both these skills on an enemy. The enemy will suffer -10 degen. If they then cast a +6 regen healing breeze on themselves, they will still be suffering 7 degen (13-6=7).
    That really sucks...why is the limit have to be 10!?
    I've been trying Health Degen builds for some time. I wondered why their life didn't drain as quickly as I thought.

  8. #8
    Simple : Limited to 10 because degen would be overpowered if you could go further.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by RavenGoth
    That really sucks...why is the limit have to be 10!?
    I've been trying Health Degen builds for some time. I wondered why their life didn't drain as quickly as I thought.
    Degen ignore amor, stance, protective spirit, aegis ...


    Basically there is very few things you can do to mitigate damage from degen. ( removing the hex, hex breaker, holy veil, etc).

    If there was no limit to life degen it would be seriously overpowered.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by czincz
    just a little advice: deep wound will actually make degen faster, so -10 degen on a target with deep wound will be as effective as something about -13/14 i guess, keep that in mind, especially that there are ways to apply deep wound for mesmers
    I'm not sure what you're talking about. Deep wound drops max health and reduces healing, it has no direct interaction with regen/degen. What you're saying appears to be equally applicable to basic damage etc also since you're adding another source to reduce their health.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •