PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

GWOnline.Net Member

Arrow The 115 Armoured Ranger

hi guys.

this concept might have already been discussed but i'm gonna give it a go anyway.

Greater Conflagration (Elite) - (Nature Ritual) Create a level 1..8 [11] Spirit. For non-Spirit creatures within its range, all physical damage is fire damage instead. This Spirit dies after 30..126 [158] seconds.

Winter - CH1 (Nature Ritual) Create a level 1..8 [11] Spirit. For creatures within its range, all elemental damage is cold damage instead. This Spirit dies after 30..126 [158] seconds.

Ok. So the point im trying to make is, if one uses Greater Conflagration and then Winter, all damage (elemental and physical) will become cold damage. Now if you're a Ranger with Full frostbound armour, thats 115 Armour.

I can think of a few places where this might be very useful. Any thoughts?

EDIT: You may want to throw in one of these Mesmer stances as well for good measure.

Mantra of Frost - (Stance) For 30..78 [94] seconds, whenever you take cold damage, the damage is reduced by 26..45 [52]% and you gain 2 Energy.

Elemental Resistance - (Stance) For 30..78 [94] seconds, you gain +40 Armor against elemental damage, but you lose 24..14 [11] Armor against physical damage.

Last edited by damkel; 29-06-2006 at 21:22.

You can try fighting Ice Imps with a R/Me..

Mantra of Frost + Frost Bound Armor..that'll probably do 5 dmg with Maelstorm ..

Hi,

Yes, everything you stated is true, however, it's impact is somewhat limited. If you are doing PVE solo, you would be ok, but with other players, they might now like their phyical and elemental damage becoming cold.

Also, you would not effect Holy or Dark damage as it is not elemental.

The combination is good but usually as a part of a larger "group" build.

GWOnline.Net Member
    Thanks for the criticism, appreciated.

Yeah, trying to with a PvE solo build here. Ranger has a big potential for huge armour bonuses. I wanna make use of that.

As for huge damage, that's where we need to go back to the drawing board.

This is nothing new, but glad you stumbled on it.

You can skip using winter if you are using drakescale instead of fur-lined. This is useful in the shiverpeaks where PvE enemies may be weak vs fire, and have extra armor vs frost.

GWOnline.Net Member
    Also you might consider going with the Ranger stance armor if using the mesmer mantras. You'll be short 5 armor vs. dedicated ele armor, but it would be more versatile than a single ele armor and less expensive than several specific ones.

Quote Originally Posted by steelwill
    Also you might consider going with the Ranger stance armor if using the mesmer mantras. You'll be short 5 armor vs. dedicated ele armor, but it would be more versatile than a single ele armor and less expensive than several specific ones.

Winter can take care of that.
    Last edited by ShadowKntSDS; 30-06-2006 at 02:41.

You can go as a R/W and pick up a -2 tactics shield for extra 16 AL too but that negates using any mesmer abilities. Either way it brings that 115 up to 131, add in "Watch Yourself!" for anotehr +20 AL for a new total of 151 AL plus Dryders for yet another +62 (at 16 rank) AL for a potential 213 AL and Dolyak Signet for +10 more (strength based so pfft). Oh, another one is Fertile Season for another +15 AL. Grand total would be 238 armor level (of course for a very limited time).

So just to go crazy with this (and for fun):
    Frostbound Armor 70 +30 +15 vs ice
    -2 damage +16 AL shield

Greater Conflag
    Winter
    "Watch Yourself!" +20
    Dryders Defense +62
    Dolyak Signet +10
    Fertile Season +15

craziness...

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowKntSDS
    This is nothing new, but glad you stumbled on it.

You can skip using winter if you are using drakescale instead of fur-lined. This is useful in the shiverpeaks where PvE enemies may be weak vs fire, and have extra armor vs frost.
    Only problem there is GC doesn't change Ele damage only physical
    IGN: Zero Djinn
    Problem that needs immediate attention? IM me

American Tene
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    Only problem there is GC doesn't change Ele damage only physical

not a problem if you implement this into a farming build. Trolls, minos, and giants cant use ele dmg so you're fine in that case. throw in Dryders and Mantra of Flame on and off and i think you're set. you might be able to bring in a pet and use Predatory Bond (i think that's the one, correct me if im wrong) and use him to recover health along with troll.

or if you'd rather not have to use Mantra, you could sub war, but a some points into sword/axe (use a candy shield or kappa shield w/e) then just have yourself a ball with a vamp or zelous hilt/grip

EDIT: im gonna go try this out soon as i get GC, i dont really want to do precipice all over again and im far from the ascalon titan