PC Gaming News

[Canthan Lore] Alua, Elora, and Ione

Figured it was time to start up a thread concerning these three queens who are considered demigoddesses in the Luxon pantheon.

Only problem is, what I just posted seems to be the only information we have!
    As someone who has played through Factions once already on the Luxon side, I found it rather discouraging that these three ladies were never mentioned, not once, not by anyone. You would think there would be a small shrine, symbols, something that showed the Luxon's respect for these goddesses and perhaps a reason as to why they were added to their pantheon.

So...thoughts anyone? Any information to add that I could not seem to find?

Server

Desolation
    Guild

Blade and Rose, Edit Conflict
    Pantheon? I'm sorry, but the Luxons worship the same gods that the Kurzicks worship...

The Three Queens are simply Luxon officials of the highest rank.

Quote Originally Posted by Santax
    The Three Queens are simply Luxon officials of the highest rank.
    Can you support this with in-game sources, please? The Factions Manscripts names them as demi-goddess, worshiped alongside the Old Gods.

I'm not sure about that santax, it's a nice theory because roman emperors were depicted as gods to....Nice theory but needs some research

The only reference I have ever seen to any of the three demigoddesses was in the Jade Arena. Occasionally, one of the spectators will shout, "Kill them all, in the name of Elora!" This suggests that Elora is perhaps a goddess of justice or retribution/revenge. I doubt it means she's a goddess of battle since that role is already filled by Balthazar.

On p. 130 of the Guild Wars Factions Guidebook, under the description of Aurora, Serpent Clan Champion, it says that her patron is the Death Queen Elora. I wonder if this demi-goddess has any connection to Grenth??

Server

Desolation
    Guild

From An Empire Divided: A Selected History of Mysterious Cantha for the Traveling Scholar, in Chapter 3, Cantha Today, on page 17, it states:
    Quote Originally Posted by Loremaster Ermenred of Ascalon
    The leaders of the clans are named after captain upon fighting their way to the top. For the first time in their history (an admittedly spotty record) all three captains are women. They each carry the formal title of captain, but are often collectively referred to as the Three Queens.
    I'm not entirely sure about the captain of the Turtle Clan, but I know that the captains of the Crab and Serpent Clans are named Amara (no relation to Headmaster Amara, who can be found at the Shing Jea Monastery and Altruum Ruins and who is decidedly a Kurzick) and Lexis, respectively. Although the Luxons are certainly more lax about religion than the Kurzicks, they do still worship the same pantheon, as evidenced by this passage:
    Quote Originally Posted by Loremaster Ermenred of Ascalon
    They are as concerned with the opinions of the gods as are the Kurzicks, but most pray regularly to Balthazar, Grenth, or (to the suprise of those who have never seen the intristic beauty of Luxon architecture and engineering) Lyssa.
    So it's most unlikely that they've been "modifying" their pantheon to include the Three Queens. Indeed, most members of the Turtle Clan consider Argo to be their leader, even if he personally sees the captain as the leader.

EDIT: Actually, two of the Queens, Captain Elora and Captain Lexis, can be found in Cavalon, and during the FPE, a Seaguard Lexis let players into Cavalon.
    Last edited by Santax; 29-07-2006 at 20:56.

The 3 captains have nothing to do with the three demi-goddesses this topic is about. What I posted on was the patron of the Serpent Clan champion, not the captain.

Server

Desolation
    Guild

Quote Originally Posted by Yota Warrior
    The 3 captains have nothing to do with the three demi-goddesses this topic is about. What I posted on was the patron of the Serpent Clan champion, not the captain.
    Well, you did mention Captain Elora... is it possible for Elora to be worsipped as a god, even though she is decidedly a mortal? (rumour has it that she killed her father). Remember what I said about Luxon religion, it's unlikely that they made any modifications to their pantheon.

EDIT: And to directly quote the topic starter:
    Quote Originally Posted by Goathands
    ...concerning these three queens who are considered demigoddesses...
    Could it be possible that the captains and these supposed "demigods" are one and the same, simply with a misconception on your behalf and one of the numerous inconsistencies in the Guild Wars guidebook?
    Last edited by Santax; 29-07-2006 at 21:14.

Elora is the only name that happens to be common between the demi-goddesses and the "three queens" captains. And the one who was rumored to have killed her father is Juno, captain of the Turtle Clan, not Elora. Juno is also found in Cavalon.

If you go to the historian of the clans in Cavalon, you'll get background information on the three captains.

The Elora I referred to was referred as the "Death Queen", and a Serpent Clan champion having a Turtle Clan captain as a patron sounds a bit odd.