PC Gaming News

Poll: Would you like to see a collector to trade the Naga Fangs for the "Head Start" mask?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Lightbulb Jade Wind Orbs and Naga Fangs...

Well, this festivals quest item is the Jade WInd Orbs. We all know know that for those who have collected 250 orbs will be able to trade them in for a mask.

Now, I participated in the head start of Factions and did the collecting of the Naga Fangs. I was able to create a new character and get a mask for it. But now being able to get to the island with my Prof char I want to be able to get a mask for it too.

My suggestion is (if possible) that GuildWars posts a Collector along with those for the Dragon Festival mask collectors that will allow those that still have 250 Naga Fangs to be able to trade them in for the same mask given out previously.

Now I am quite aware that this probably won't agree with many people or even with the GW staff, but if they would be able to do something that will allow people like me that still have the Fangs to be able to trade them in. It would be great!

My reasoning for this is that with the limited time given to collect the fangs, the quest update given to be able to get our prof chars over to cantha, and the limited knowlage on how (if even possible) to get to the island with our prof chars at the time. We still spent time and effort collecting each and every fang to be able to get the mask and that work and effort should have rewards.

Now i'm not to sure how the post is set up.. but this is the order...
    1. "I would like to see a collector put in for the mask"
    2. "I would not want to see a collector put in for the mask"
    3."Don't care/Neutral"

No chance of getting anything for your fangs, but if you want to get some fun out of them, type:

WTS Naga Fangs, 100g

in All chat. I've still got about 75 and I've gotten a few laughs, and been called a scammer a couple of times!

Quote Originally Posted by davepesc
    No chance of getting anything for your fangs, but if you want to get some fun out of them, type:

WTS Naga Fangs, 100g

in All chat. I've still got about 75 and I've gotten a few laughs, and been called a scammer a couple of times!

Well thats the thing.. there are still some out there.. I for one have 575 in total left... and I would like to get a mask for my prof char...

Problem is, that was a 1-day event. If you put a trader in now, people who didn't preorder could buy fangs and get one of those so-ugly-I-haven't-worn-it-once masks.

Heck, I took a day off from work to get masks for 4 characters (and play Factions early). Directions for getting to Cantha were prominantly posted on guildwars.com.

This is why masks are still special (up until now, since A-Net broke down and changed things for the criers) you were either there or you weren't.

Problem is, that was a 1-day event. If you put a trader in now, people who didn't preorder could buy fangs and get one of those so-ugly-I-haven't-worn-it-once masks.

Heck, I took a day off from work to get masks for 4 characters (and play Factions early). Directions for getting to Cantha were prominantly posted on guildwars.com.

This is why masks are still special (up until now, since A-Net broke down and changed things for the criers) you were either there or you weren't.
    Yea, I understand what you mean. And i'll leave you tro your opinion, but if GW puts in the collector.. even for just a little while, then ppl who have missed out either by work, problems, store mixups and other such issuses should still have the chance to get it... so what is a few more ppl get it... once all the fangs are gone, it will be over and most if not all the ppl who are still holding onto them hoppeing for something to come up get what they want, they will be happy.

I have no problem with them creating ANOTHER use for Naga Fangs, and making them available again. Heck, that's why I haven't trashed mine.

I'm sorry if you had some issue arise, but 250 fangs were as easy to get as 250 orbs. You could get them in less than an hour then go afk and come back to a hat. Sounds like you had time to get fangs, so you could have just left the computer on while standing in the monastary!

Store issues are a non-issue because you didn't need a retail version of the game to play, just a preorder code.

I respect that you still want the hat, but be happy for the extra storage space!

I have no problem with them creating ANOTHER use for Naga Fangs, and making them available again. Heck, that's why I haven't trashed mine.

I'm sorry if you had some issue arise, but 250 fangs were as easy to get as 250 orbs. You could get them in less than an hour then go afk and come back to a hat. Sounds like you had time to get fangs, so you could have just left the computer on while standing in the monastary!

Store issues are a non-issue because you didn't need a retail version of the game to play, just a preorder code.

I respect that you still want the hat, but be happy for the extra storage space!

what? when did we extra storage space? I have 20 slots.. and still have 20.. ... lol.. unless you are talking about more chars to store stuff..lol
    Last edited by MattDragonTamer; 02-07-2006 at 22:11.

Quote Originally Posted by MattDragonTamer
    what? when did we extra storage space? I have 20 slots.. and still have 20.. ... lol.. unless you are talking about more chars to store stuff..lol
    I'm talking about the space NOT taken up by a Tengu Mask!

My 5 characters have 2-4 novelty hats each! (soon to be 3-5) That's a lot of space that could be used for weapons or (useful) armor.

ur dumb as hell! why would u still keep those things?? they were for that event only....

Sorry if we're "dumb as hell," but some people like to hold on to things without any known use: Rubies & Sapphires anyone?

Heck, I have a stack of red iris flowers just in case I ever happen to want to give some out! And I'll bet plenty of people around here have the tattered cape/broken flute items.

And who says they can never put in another use?

Edit: Not using capital letters, punctuation, proper spelling or any grammar at all makes you look "dumb as hell."

But however u choose to present urself is ur business. am I rite?!?!?!? lolololwtfbbq!