PC Gaming News

View Poll Results: Does this change your thinking on the whole controversy over accounts and new featur

Voters
93. This poll is closed
  • Yes, Definanlty now I hope anet realizes they went back on what they said

34 36.56%
  • No I think its anets descion how to do there bussiness even going back on there on words

36 38.71%
  • Pie is content Apple is just an enhancment

23 24.73%
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

AudioClip: Storage

http://media.putfile.com/JeffStrain-...-Bucket-Qoaute -2mintues long
    Taken from an interview pod cast With Jeffstrain a month before Factions Release
    Jeff Strain clearly states that enchancments like new features to make the game better such as trade improvments, and auctionhouses and such to make the gamplay better WOULD BE ADDED to all chapter owners and would not have to buy a specific chapter to have somthing like an A NEW STORAGE SYSTEM. CAN U REALLY CONSIDER THIS CONTENT or a gamplay enchancment well.. this is taken from the guild wars site

Players who own Factions will soon see a new feature on their accounts that is sure to please: The Xunlai Agent storage system will be enhanced to include an entirely new vault for the storage of materials of all kinds.

Players who own Factions will soon be given a new form of storage through the Xunlai Agent. This new tab on the storage account will allow you to store up to 250 of each type of material or crafting supply in the game, both common and rare. So as you acquire items, you can put them into the Xunlai vault and keep your regular storage space clear for armor, weapons, and special holiday items. The first tab on the Xunlai interface is where your items are stored; it has 20 slots. The second tab is the new vault where you put all your materials and crafting supplies, such as bones, shells, and other such things.

Notice Bold Words..

In a sense Anet can sort of put its foot in its mouth, but i did not make this tread to flame anet but to clearly show how much has changed from what thier so called buissiness model was and how now they try to push people into buying factions for somthing THAT IS AN UPDATE and was not released witht he original game. This clearly goes against what he says in the audio tape.

I do this to help out those who cant yet or afford factions although i have it, so that if anet is to see this you will clearly see why the new storage coming should before prophicies only accounts as well.
    Another thing said by Galie is there reasoning for this is because of the fact o.. well factions accounts have 6 slots.. and uhhm need to hold ambers and jade. O yes cause you know with the character slot purchase coming i could buy 5 slots and not have factions and would not get the new feature. O and i belive that prophicies only accounts can get ambers and jadite from the vendor as well as all the other mats.

Input anyone

Also id like to add that weve been begging for storage improvments WAY Before Factions was even heard of
    Last edited by lifeinthefridge; 03-07-2006 at 01:29.

I have no problem with buying an expansion to support Anet if they're going to support me by adding new features. Folks in prophesies arn't loosing anything, they're just making factions more desirable which I won't begrudge them.

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe
    I have no problem with buying an expansion to support Anet if they're going to support me by adding new features. Folks in prophesies arn't loosing anything, they're just making factions more desirable which I won't begrudge them.
    Alright lets just anet go back on what they said like many times and suck more money out of us.. like they said they wouldnt unlike other mmo's and inst Guild wars different.

And if you want to make factions more desirable then they should improve the new game mechanics such as alliance battles which currently everyone knows needs improvement since this is only in factions So if uwant FACTIONS more desirble make better what makes it FACTIONS.

This thread is quite pointless, as this topic has been discussed to death.

I see a lock in your future. You're really just beating a dead horse and making a new topic to add to an existing one...

Quote Originally Posted by Cirdan Ecthelion
    I see a lock in your future. You're really just beating a dead horse and making a new topic to add to an existing one...
    Just merge this thread with the one Milas made.

Either way, this says nothing new that hasn't been said in the linked Fansite Fridays in the other thread.
    Last edited by MasterNightfall; 03-07-2006 at 01:53.

Reading this thread is totally a waste of my time. I'd rather watch grass grow.

I do believe that an increase in storage is desperately needed to make this game a better experience regardless of chapter. I think they should seriously reconsider applying this change globally.

With that said, I don't think that calling them liars is going to improve our chances of getting that done. Even the clip that you provided doesn't specifically mention storage. If you really want them to change their minds, lets come up with some better reasons than, "But you promised!".

Why not bring it up again seems like theres no reason too if its not being fixed

try try again..

i totally agree with Dark, people have wanted an improvement in storage BEFORE factions so it should not be added as some feature to ch.2

Plz, read the entire topic before saying something like this, Dark is compairing what Jeff Strain said previously, to what they are saying about this new inprovement.