PC Gaming News
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    as far as i understood it , people with 55s are fine, as long as their 55 don t farm 23 hours per day making 10kplat each hour for 7 days a week

Quote Originally Posted by Findariel
    I think that the chance of being unfairly banned if you have a 55hp monk is many times higher than if you donīt have one, simpy because 99,9% of the bots are 55hp monks. So if your behaviour resembles that of a bot, the bot detection program (whatever it is) may mistake you for a bot and ban you.
    I'm curious what actually constitutes acting like a bot. When I switch mine to 55 for the odd bit of farming. I generally wont chat to people simply because its distracting and I usually get myself killed doing so. When I head back to the outpost I'll usually go to storage then to the merchant and get rid of the drops and put any gold I have straight in storage. If I'm heading somewhere I'll go the direct route, or follow a specific path that I'm used to following. Again these could look like bot activity but they aren't. It's just me trying to farm as much as I can as quickly as possible before I get bored and want to do something else.

55 shouldn't be legal as there are only two professions that can get to 55 HP without exploiting, neither of them are the Monk or the Necromancer.

Do people get auto-banned for *looking* like a bot, then? That's a bit bizarre.

What we need is, if the system thinks that a character is botting, then it checks beforehand.

Imagine if you were farming some area and, suddenly, an Apparition of Grenth appeared before you! "Human! You stand accused of exploiting the resources of the world, given to you by the good grace of the gods. Speak the truth as Grenth commands! How do you plead?"

A human-run character would reply in some fashion, "Not guilty, my lord", or just bow in some respectful manner. A bot, or a human ignorant enough to almost BE a bot, would probably ignore it. And get banned.

Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Stupidname
    55 shouldn't be legal as there are only two professions that can get to 55 HP without exploiting.
    Not true. You can make a perfectly legit 55 HP build out of any class.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

TRUE
    You can 55 it as many other things, not just invincimonks.

As for legitimacy, Anet made em, they seem to be a good build, botter would just choose something else to bot with.

Keep em, maybe just have someone stand and watch at Elonas and give out prizes to people who anser question correctly, and flush out the rest.

-Art

55 shouldn't be legal as there are only two professions that can get to 55 HP without exploiting, neither of them are the Monk or the Necromancer.

I got a 55 mesmer :)

Anyway.

I agree with that 55monking is indeed legal. Anet could have expected that people would figure out a way to use certain skills and attributes to their advantage.

Now botting on the other hand i do not agree with, but then again what makes the person a bot? If only there was a way to check for 3rd party programs running on GW.

Not chatting should not be 1 of these parameters to decide whether you are or are not a bot, me myself i only use guild chat since i have no desire to even talk to random people anymore.
    I don't know about you guys but i think that they need to come up with a different solution and stop the guessing game!

55 shouldn't be legal as there are only two professions that can get to 55 HP without exploiting
    That statement hurts my brain.
    "Spells with Divine Favour shouldn't be legal becuase there's only one profession that can use it effectively."
    "CripShot Rangers shouldn't be legal becuase only one profession can play it effectively."
    "Weapons with a Soul Reaping req shouldn't be legal because only one profession can use to it's full effect."

Quote Originally Posted by MikesSmikes
    as far as i understood it , people with 55s are fine, as long as their 55 don t farm 23 hours per day making 10kplat each hour for 7 days a week
    There is nothing wrong with them farming that much. If they didn't then the cyclone axe wammo would, or the barrage ranger, or the... etc.

There's nothing wrong with 55'ing, imo it's one of the most ingenious builds there is. Bot's are against the EULA and botting is a bannable offence. Mistakes happen and if they have you should contact NCSoft.

Quote Originally Posted by Findariel
    I think that the chance of being unfairly banned if you have a 55hp monk is many times higher than if you donīt have one, simpy because 99,9% of the bots are 55hp monks. So if your behaviour resembles that of a bot, the bot detection program (whatever it is) may mistake you for a bot and ban you.
    The way the game detects people using bots is, it has a special code in it, which not only lowers drop counts, but also will report if someone has over-farmed, this is almost 100% fool-proof, since not many people plan to farm long enough to activate this code to be reported.

Another way is, every time you do an action whether it be move, use an emote, put on armor, move something, it send the command in a packet form to NCsoft's servers, which in-turn analyse all movement code, now when a cheap bot (Most bots) are botting, it will make the exact same movements, and when they're servers analyse the code, they see that so-and-so has made the same movements exessivley, which does indicate some sort of third-party program.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathardia
    Not true. You can make a perfectly legit 55 HP build out of any class.
    Not without exploiting runes.

That statement hurts my brain.
    "Spells with Divine Favour shouldn't be legal becuase there's only one profession that can use it effectively."
    "CripShot Rangers shouldn't be legal becuase only one profession can play it effectively."
    "Weapons with a Soul Reaping req shouldn't be legal because only one profession can use to it's full effect."
    Now trying to figure out how that has anything to do with what I said hurts my brain.